Beware Boat Thefts Are Back !

Boaters

Yes there has been a spate of thefts in the Martham, Repps, and Potter areas, possibly linked. They are mostly small outboards which are easily removed and carried away. Common sense prevention would have deterred some of these so get yourselves a good lock, and have a look at Boat Shield, and selecta DNA, every little helps.

Failing that 32g of number 6 shot deters also.:River Police:hardhat:

• Like 5

As Stuart says "every litte helps" but so often small plant, outboards and expensive tools seem to get spirited away overseas and it seems detection before they are gone forever is a matter of getting lucky.

Yes detecting these types of crime is very difficult for many reasons, the chances of getting your property back are minimal, therefore prevention is the better option.

I was going to suggest buckshot however there is the possibility of excessive force complaints to deal with ......:angel:

• Like 5

Rock salt in a 12 gauge according to my late father was the prefered round for use on chicken thieves in Kenya just after the war. Roll closure then, no crimp so most likely loaded from new with salt.

With regards to your •410, you must be a 3 inch man Griff! I am myself. With my arthritis I quite often have 50 birds at the Mid Norfolk love the small calibre 28 & •410 off the high tower. Good fun if you don't take it too seriously.

I thought we'd got away with it this year. With the lighter nights and more people about with the season underway. 22.250 with night vision would be my choice, not so messy and more clinical. If only we were aloud.

2 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Iain that old shooter looks as if it would make a good club:naughty:

Regards

Alan

Have held a Blunderbuss in my hand at a big house in the country in darkest Ayrshire. It came from a pirate ship from memory.

cheersIain

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

My father always wanted to re-mount the 3 pounder Hotchkiss turret on the bows of Morning Flight, to encourage people to slow down on the river. I can just imagine him, training that thing on passing hire boats!

The grey amphibian with hi-ab crane of Rogers has a functioning engine and is operational, would be good fun to mount a large water cannon on the front and patrol up and down hosing idiots!

• Like 3

When I was young there were two or three in Bosham Creek and Birdham Pool they would go up Colmer Creek on the flood in appalling weather. There were a couple also at Sidlesham but Pagham is now a reserve an the fishing and fowling went many years ago.