Richardsons RC45 and RC35

she was laying in this weekend so we did a little fettling, she now has a silencer fitted which makes her sound normal, I did not think she needed one at first then we have not had the chance to get one on :oops:

I think that this thread has just about come to an end with the boat being designed, built and hired out, I think I will start another on another subject but I will wait a bit before starting it..

Thanks for all the comments and feedback (positive and whatever) over the course of this thread, I have learnt quite a bit having to relay info onto here and at times I even look back and find that sometimes it sounds as if I know what I am talking about :lol:cheersbar

Never exactly sure if you are joking or not Lou, but if you are not joking, why don’t you JFO ?

More toungue in cheek than joke. I don't do jokes :shock:

By the way I don't like this techy, texty fad of using abbreviations. LOL. I don't no what they mean? SMILE.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

At long last this thread has reached its climax. It`s been a brilliant thread all the way through, and i`ve spent many a wintry, and sunny night in reading it. Well done to ALL the team involved in bringing this project to fruition.

Now,.......... It`s mid July, and clives said he will be doing another thread about another project. Winter will come round far too quickly Clive, so you better start getting the single level version (and thread) up and running soon, as i have a sneaking feeling that like me, a lot of other forumites will NEED something to read on the long cold winter nights in :naughty::naughty: . It`ll be worth the wait ;);) . Regards and congratulations to all the team :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap .................. Neil.

• 3 weeks later...
Right,

She has just come back so I took some pictures...

she has not been cleaned so please excuse that and also my camera skills are not too sharp (neither is my camera :) )

as for me taking her out I think you will find that the customers come first ;)

thats in a different league to the Alpha craft Clive , what a fantastic fit out !

I had pre booked this for Easter :( but had to cancel

So I'm hoping to book for next year to provide a rather good write up for NBN :)

As of yet I've not seen her afloat but will keep looking. From the pics she does look very well and proper.

Is she still blemish free? I hope so.

I did hear through the grape vine that a decent amount of ballast has been added to the front of her, is this true? if so how much? it will help with bridge clearances though.

I have been told there is a mark on the front but I have not seen it,

she is well ballasted but not just for bridge clearance, it is also to help her pass both the heel test and raise the downflooding height on the transom

I have still not seen her on the river myself but they should become a more common sight soon as we have the second boat due out on Saturday and the next set of mouldings complete, the third boat will be another Broadsman and then we will be building a 4-6 berth based on a similar idea to Broads Sunset, this will be called 'Carousel' and we hope to have at least one of these in the fleet for next year.

[

thats in a different league to the Alpha craft Clive , what a fantastic fit out !

I had pre booked this for Easter :( but had to cancel

So I'm hoping to book for next year to provide a rather good write up for NBN :)

Brian, its a good job you did not come that week as she was not finished until six weeks after :grin:

the third boat will be another Broadsman and then we will be building a 4-6 berth based on a similar idea to Broads Sunset, this will be called 'Carousel'

What do you mean about "Similar idea to Broads Sunset", two large cabins fore and aft, with two heads and a double conversion in the saloon?

Broads Sunset's basic layout looks like a centre cockpit version of Bolero, but she still seems to have 3 cabins...

Hello everyone,

We are very proud and excited to introduce the next new boats to enter the Richardsons Fleets, initially the Richardsons 45' centre cockpit (RC45) will be built then soon after there will be a 35' version (RC35) Both boats will have a 12'6" beam and are designed to pass Potter heigham bridge at about 6'6" but we will see if that happens. both are aslo designed to accomodate rear engines as well as a few other ideas which will be announced nearer the time.

there are a few more tweeks to be done to the superstructure but the pictures are pretty accurate.

We hope to have the first boats in the fleet for 2011.

although we have not yet started the builds the plans will soon be drawn up for the sedan version which is looking fantastic and a dual steer flybridge.

Is the 35' 4 berth version (RC35) put on hold now, and being 4 berth will it be one cabin & the extra berths the saloon area ?

It would be lovely to see this boat with all the mod cons inc bow & stern thrusters & accessibility to all bridges available to the couples /+2 market.

IE: I was hoping we would see a mini Broadsman coming up in the 2012 hire market.

Reading your last post about Carousel it doesn't look like it's going to happen now. :cry

Hi, we put the 35 on hold but will probably end up with a 38 as we intend to make a 38 foot single level and would not want 2 moulds...

Carousel will have a fixed double in the front and aft and a convertible in the middle the twin room in the middle of Broadsman is where we will put a table and chairs...

Hi, we put the 35 on hold but will probably end up with a 38 as we intend to make a 38 foot single level and would not want 2 moulds...

What a shame :cry Looks like I will have to recruit more bodies for a Broadsman then. ;)

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

What a shame :cry Looks like I will have to recruit more bodies for a Broadsman then. ;)

Hi CJ, if you read Clives post carefully, it says the 35ft version has been put on hold, NOT cancelled. You`ll just have to be a little more patient ;);) . Regards ................. Neil.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to here that the second one is in the water ..

I thought I was going nuts the other day when I saw one Broadsman on Womack staithe just before midday and another one heading North through Great Yarmouth at about half 3!

Thought that a stealth button had been fitted and it had nipped past us at mach two and then turned round to confuse me!

You've got quite a production line going on these Clive. When, in June, you told me you expected to have a second boat on the water this season, I thought you'd spent too much time at the Dog Inn.

If I don't miss my guess, that's about a 10 week fit-out schedule. By anyone's standards, that's amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

I dont know how I missed your post, (perhaps I was in the pub!)

She was completed in 8 weeks (actually a day early!)

she took roughly 2500 hours to fit out including engineering and electrics and manufacture of canopy system and sterngear etc. There are also ways of saving probably a few hundred hours but that would not acheive the finishes we wanted.

normally it would be a bit less but we had about 7 boatbuilders on the job which is not the most efficient way of doing things but we had a deadline.

Sorry for taking so long to reply - been really busy at work and home. I do agree with David that my question " where do we eat? " deserved the reply - "The Hermitage" :) . Will get the table out for breaky though, so thanks for that Clive - I should use my eyes more often!

We are looking forward to our holiday - it's very soon. Will be taking pics and giving a report ( Dan knows I'll be beating him to it ;) )

Saw Broadsman 2 at Ranworth a couple of weeks ago. Lovely sunny day but the folk were mudweighted with the roof more or less pulled over - wouldn't do for me, but each to their own.

Also had a report that one of the Broadsman(men?) was seen on the Southerns today, festooned in bunting - aw sweet! must be somebody's birthday. We may take her down there if we get time, but I wonder if she has made it through Potter yet? Anybody know? Low water last week or so, Potter was showing 6' 9... But with her 12 foot beam I guess that's a problem in itself.

Karen

• 4 weeks later...

just been looking at the bow shot or broadsman that Lozi took moored up would it be an idea of putting some rubber chocks on the front cabin roof for when putting the screen down incase somebody slams the screen down

Jonny

• 6 months later...

the new layout of this boat went on her maiden voyage today,

Colin (Newf) kindly took some photos for me to post up for you lot.

she is called 'Carousel' she is a truely lovely boat and a real credit to everyone involved in the building of her.

we have started building Carousel 2 which will be available in about 15 weeks.

Hope you like her....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an0wIacLTFU