Why Would Anyone Go To Spain

JennyMorgan

I have just been round the garden and it is uncomfortably hot. Too hot to do any work. Hopefully the sea breeze should start about 11.00. Weather like this can be very hazardous for people new to North Norfolk who are perhapd more used to the south coast. Here you sit on the beach looking north out to sea whith the sun on your back! Very easy to get badly burned.

• Like 2

In my offices only one room has air conditioning - when the offices were that of an Accountants, it was in this room the boss occupied and had the air-conditioning fitted. 

Over the years since I have worked here, I have managed to 'organize' more people and equipment into this room (including myself).  Therefore the fact the windows face north, and we have the benefit of the air-conditioner it is lovely and cool in here despite five computers and 4 staff sharing the room - I've also  fitted a new automatic door closer to stop people forgetting to close the damn door and keep the cold air in.

Meanwhile the rest of the building is like an oven, especially the upper floors which look our over a flat roof which simple serves to radiate heat up from the sun hitting it - but with a nice aroma of bitumen.

• Like 1

You don't even want to know how hot and stuffy the underground is going to be this evening?:facepalm: Not looking forward to it at all.

I am in my A/C cooled office anticipating the trip down in the lift to the shop to get my lunch - almost worth going hungry for to stay in the cool.

Oh we will be moaning about the heating going on soon.

5 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

You don't even want to know how hot and stuffy the underground is going to be this evening?:facepalm: Not looking forward to it at all.

Yep Mark, they should rename the underground stations Oxford Circus SAUNA! Please enter at your own risk !

cheersIain

32 Degrees outside, warmer in the office (old converted industrial unit top floor, minimal insulation in ceiling) we have the windows open and the fans are stirring the hot (32 deg + ) air around, downstairs they have no windows so they have air con, lovely and cool. not too easy to move all the computers down there though.

they ar looking at getting air con for our floor (will probably be midwinter before they get it installed.

in the winter we are luckier, we have the central heating (downstairs just has aircon). always assuming the calor gas for the heater does not run out.

Cloudy and very muggy down here in Dorset at the moment, and rain and storms due in from France in about 2 hours.

Reading the OP, i remember an article in one of the boating mags, with a picture of a Catamaran and anothe small yacht anchored of a sandy shore line, with trees coming down to the shoreline, and with crystal clear blue skies, and not a ripple on the water. The caption asked "where is this popular anchorage?" Then they suggested places like the greek isles, the coast of Spain, etc etc. It was taken on the south side of Bronsie island down here in Poole harbour.  When we DO get good weather, Britain is an absolutely stunning country to be in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Cloudy and very muggy down here in Dorset at the moment, and rain and storms due in from France in about 2 hours.

Reading the OP, i remember an article in one of the boating mags, with a picture of a Catamaran and anothe small yacht anchored of a sandy shore line, with trees coming down to the shoreline, and with crystal clear blue skies, and not a ripple on the water. The caption asked "where is this popular anchorage?" Then they suggested places like the greek isles, the coast of Spain, etc etc. It was taken on the south side of Bronsie island down here in Poole harbour.  When we DO get good weather, Britain is an absolutely stunning country to be in.

I had two boats at Ridge Wharf for many years. Dorset really can feel quite continental when the weather is kind.

2 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

I reckon it was exactly as Peter pictured it. I was there yesterday....:party:

That's ok then, but Cape Everett Park does not quite have the ring of Cap Jean Ferrat or Juan les Pins.