Monday Night Quiz

unclemike

• 2 weeks later...

Jonzo, 

99% of members appreciate all the hard work you and the team do. 

Probably 95% of members are just reluctant computer users and have no concept of the work involved in running the forum and migrating to a new host (me included).

A very large majority of us have a lot of silver in our hair,  if we still have hair. 

This means we don't understand how things work and really don't want to. 

(I have just spent time trying to delete a full stop only to discover it is dust on the screen)  :shocked

We have become accustomed to making a phone call and having our utilities transferred without thought.  This is an easy thing for huge corporations to do,  (unless you are Vodafone) 

If the forum was populated by bright young things they would take change in their stride and you would have a fraction of the queries about how do I… .

A few gripes about the calendar should not detract from the superb effort put into it. 

This really is the friendly forum that has open access to all areas for all members and we are just a bit grumpy because the boating season is ending. 

So what I am saying is, 

THANK YOU FROM THE SILVER SURFERS  cheers:clap

• Like 12

3 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Jonzo, 

99% of members appreciate all the hard work you and the team do. 

Probably 95% of members are just reluctant computer users and have no concept of the work involved in running the forum and migrating to a new host (me included).

This really is the friendly forum that has open access to all areas for all members and we are just a bit grumpy because the boating season is ending. 

So what I am saying is, 

THANK YOU FROM THE SILVER SURFERS  cheers:clap

I'd put that at 99.5% myself Mark, I certainly appreciate all the hard work put in by you Boss and the T team not forgetting the M Team.

Charlie

• Like 4

Pardon me when I say I am not a silver surfer, anything computer related other than switching the damn thing on I am at a loss  (just ask Dave, Deebee) but it doesn't mean to say that I don't appreciate the work that goes into running a site like this

I have noticed over the past couple of weeks the negative comments aimed at the Forum in general, I would like to balance things up a bit and say this Forum is just the best, beats anything on the telly any day of the week, has some very nice people as members and the Skipper and the team allowing me to have access to the best broads forum on the planet has lifted my spirits on more than one occasion in the past, long may it continue

I think most of us have a brilliant on line friendship, any more talk of giving up, you will feel the sharp end of my broomstick, I can tell you

Apart from being a damn good Skipper, you're pretty damn cute too :kiss Now if that hasn't embarrassed you, there's more where that came from :naughty:

Grace

• Like 12

On 23/11/2016 at 4:16 PM, Hockham Admiral said:

Peeps, this isn't just the Skipper's  thoughts.

John if you read my post up there^^^^ ok previous page you will see that it was aimed at all the Mods Tech Team and Jonzo mate.... You and the rest of the bods do a stirling job in my opinion hence the two posts i made early this morning ...

All of you ...you are all much appreciated here

Charlie

• Like 4

Everything Charlie said and then some, oh and Dave if you need help with the code thinghy and the smilie thingies just pm me and I will get it sorted in no time, once I've figured out how to switch everything on, it shouldn't be a problem, now then, what's these buttons for? :naughty:

Seriously, keep up the good work guys, there's a lot more people on here that appreciate your efforts than one's that don't

Grace :kiss

• Like 7