I`m A Happy Man

SPEEDTRIPLE

The problem is though, that it`s been off the road for about 4 years, and since thence, i`ve expanded, but my jacket has`nt, so there`s another £200 gone, and that was with a 15% discount too. Also, i know it might sound strange, but my feet seem to have got bigger, so then it was a new pair of boots too, but at least they were less than £80.

But that`s not the end of it though.

• Like 2

Naughty naughty Grendel.

No, when i took it out for a ride, i felt so uncomfortable on it. These days, my neck was aching, and so were the backs of my hands and wrists, due to the riding position.  In short, i`m too bloody old, too bloody fat, and too bloody uncomfortable on it now.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Trade her in for one of these................

Street_Cup_top.jpg.230afd361ccebe2561d248291a754c2a.jpg

Neil, are you been selfish, that seat doesn't look comfy for Karen, at least i swapped the Royal Enfield for the X10 so Lorna had backrest.

Or have i misread your post and you are trading Karen in for it.:naughty:

• Like 1

LOL,  No, it`s the new Triumph Street Cup. It`s based on anew model from last year, in fact there are 4 bmodels that share the same frame, and the original is called the Street Twin, and the seats can be swapped over. I`ve agreed all the price etc, and they`ve agreed to throw in a Street Twin seat as well, so it`s a very quick excersise to swap the seats over. Single seat and cowl for me, twin seat for me and Karen.  Take a lookon Triumphs website, they`ve recently released some awesome new models in the past 12 months, and all are very much heritage based, but built with state of the art technology.

Love it Neil. 

Like you I just got the suzuki on the road 4 weeks ago. After over 2 yrs off it. 

And I have also been using the triumph bonneville scrambler custom I won last November. Keeps your right leg warm!!!

Also like you my leathers have shrunk!! Bloody cheap cows if you ask me. 

God did my back, groin and neck ache last weekend, but the grin was good. Still I'm hoping it gets easier either that or it's pills or a Harley!!!

IMG_0353.thumb.JPG.167254b49cc8f014676dfe97128c03e5.JPG

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Love it Neil. 

Like you I just got the suzuki on the road 4 weeks ago. After over 2 yrs off it. 

And I have also been using the triumph bonneville scrambler custom I won last November. Keeps your right leg warm!!!

Also like you my leathers have shrunk!! Bloody cheap cows if you ask me. 

God did my back, groin and neck ache last weekend, but the grin was good. Still I'm hoping it gets easier either that or it's pills or a Harley!!!

IMG_0353.thumb.JPG.167254b49cc8f014676dfe97128c03e5.JPG

NO NO NO and again NO, NEVER EVER BUY A HARLEY.  Horrible things. 

A good friend of mine from years ago (God rest him), had 2 Harleys, got the 2nd one becuase the 1st was stolen. After waiting 2 months for a couple of location pins for the rear disc caliper (amongst other things), he got rid of it and swore he`d never get another. He did say it was nice to ride, but when it ran reliably.

• Like 1

Don't worry Neil I won't be getting a Harley. :dance I have never been a lover. You would think nowadays they would be more reliable though.

i do like some of the retro triumphs though. Maybe!!:facepalm:

Its quite funny how when I go to bike meets or cafes where bikers meet. Many of them are the wrong side of 50. We must have done something right to live this long!!!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I urge you to have a go on a Tiger1050 - You'll love em.  I'm the wrong side of mid 50's - Okay then, 56 to be precise and I can ride the Tiger all day and never get an ache.  You are welcome to have a test ride on mine if you like

Griff

I love the 1050 Tiger Griff, but Karen does`nt like the seating position. Might consider one for myself though when the inheritance pays out lol?.  The new version of the 1050 looks awesome too.

8 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Don't worry Neil I won't be getting a Harley. :dance I have never been a lover. You would think nowadays they would be more reliable though.

i do like some of the retro triumphs though. Maybe!!:facepalm:

Its quite funny how when I go to bike meets or cafes where bikers meet. Many of them are the wrong side of 50. We must have done something right to live this long!!!

Our local Triumph dealership had a launch evening last Thursday for the new Bobber. I went along, even though it`s not my cup of tea, but when i got there, they were also unveiling the new Street Scrambler, which i love, but the seat is no good for Karen.  When i looked around the shop, it was packed, and i doubt one of the bikers in there were under 50?. 

• Like 1

All this chat about being a bit long in the tooth and yet still "biking" How about one of my nans? She was almost 70 before she could be persuaded to give up her Matrchless G9 and she knew exactly how to ride it as well .
Dad and all the boys out in convoy along the North Circular Road on a Sunday afternoon and out at the front leading the pack -  his Mum! What a girl!

Carole

• Like 8