Let Off Steam In Here !!!!

Wonderwall

14 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

I tried to get past a receptionist by saying that my complaint could be life threatening, she asked me to explain and I replied that I wanted a cure for snoring. She asked how snoring could be life threatening and I replied it was because every time I fell asleep on an airplane at least 10 people wanted to kill me.

I say "I need to see the Doctor"  "but I dont really want to see him, do you know the difference between Need and Want" Normally gets greeted with a blank stare.

Charlie

• Like 2

I went to see a Doctor after a motorcycle accident. The very snotty receptionist insisted on knowing why

"Because my bo77%^ks got squashed against the petrol tank and are all bruised" I said in a very loud voice and I pulled my tracksuit bottoms down so she could see.

The rest of the waiting room were in stitches

On subsequent visits she never asked :default_biggrin:

• Haha 5

One day I had a plank give way when I was walking down a quay and my foot and leg went down the gap. When I got out again I found that something had gone into my leg just above the knee and had left a fairly deep hole, which was bleeding quite well. Nothing too bad but it would need cleaning out properly and stitching, so I put on a temporary bandage and drove to Stalham surgery, where I explained that I had a fairly deep wound which would need stitches.

She told me to take a seat while she filled in the form, as I was not registered with the surgery. After more than half an hour of this and as I was sitting in front of her "reception" hatch, I called out "Excuse me!" When she turned round to me with that arrogant look on her face I said "Just wondered, would you like me to carry on bleeding on your carpet, or would you like me to see a doctor?" She looked down at my feet and saw a puddle which was forming, from a wide red line going down one leg of my overalls.

It took her a matter of seconds to get me in to the doctor, after that!

• Haha 5

The fastest I've ever seen a patient get from the receptionist to GP was last year in under five seconds and was a result of just six words. A chap approached the receptionist at the desk and asked for an appointment with the GP.
"Why would 'you' need to see a doctor?" sneered the receptionist.
"I think you gave me syphilis!" said the chap.

That receptionist almost vaulted the desk in her haste to get the chap in to see the GP!

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

And here's another one of my pet peeves. Silicone sealant!

If someone quoted you for a new shower enclosure and said that they were going to fit the tray, assemble the enclosure, do the plumbing and then bodge every seam with silicone sealant to ensure that the water stays where it should, and that you would be scraping out and replacing the said bodge on an annual basis due to either mould growth or leaks , you would tell them to stick their little nozzle where the sun doesn't shine. But that's what you get. :default_badday:

Clearly not "state of the art" but is there a better way?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

38 minutes ago, SteveO said:

And here's another one of my pet peeves. Silicone sealant!

If someone quoted you for a new shower enclosure and said that they were going to fit the tray, assemble the enclosure, do the plumbing and then bodge every seam with silicone sealant to ensure that the water stays where it should, and that you would be scraping out and replacing the said bodge on an annual basis due to either mould growth or leaks , you would tell them to stick their little nozzle where the sun doesn't shine. But that's what you get. :default_badday:

Clearly not "state of the art" but is there a better way?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi Steve,

The same can be said for the majority of double glazing fitters!

Regards

Alan