Let Off Steam In Here !!!!

Wonderwall

10 hours ago, johnb said:

I now live in essex. I have lived in many places around the country and in Scotland. I have never lived in the place where my team are based. 

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

I fear that the subject of the team I support will cause some people the need to let off steam in this thread. Therefore I am announcing that this will be my last comment on this subject on this thread, I am sorry I but I feel that I must be a man of my word and not confirm/deny any speculation put forward by others. The way things seem to be going at the moment it seems as though there may be a few vacancies for politicians coming up, therefore I am practising evasive replies. I am not prepared to say which party I would stand for, but.............................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a gripe.

It's become the Norm on forums, live text commentary and comments pages to abbreviate all names down  to initials, this may save the poster time when typing but I then spend an age trying to translate this code, it is really annoying at times where there are multiple people/organisations with matching initials, does my head in, is it so hard to write the full name?

Guilty I do use BA for Broads Authority, oh hang on did I meen Broad Ambition?

• Like 1

If you hover over the letters BA a box comes up and says Broads Authority. I am sure Griff uses some other way of typing Broad Ambition, by using - or something.

Anyroad, my gripe was Wednesday morning, a bit of road rage, I even got out of my car to tell the "road worker" in no uncertain terms, and of course  in a language he understood.....

That when he decides to put the first traffic cone out, he looks at the road to make sure he does not just throw it in front of an oncoming car, making the driver brake hard and the car behind brake even harder so as not to crash into the back of said car that the cone was thrown in front of..... I stopped with about 6 inches to spare, the reason I got out was instead of him realising what he had done and saying sorry, he just glared at me and told me to go round it. I indicated the car behind me, he didn't move the cone, so I did......

And calm...........

• Like 1

In the same vain text abbreviations. Heard a funny tale about an old lady who’s friend text her to say that after a long illness, her elderly husband of 60 years had passed away, feeling very sympathetic and wanting to offer her sincere condolences and wanting to send lots of love she text back ‘ so sorry to hear the sad news , thinking of you, lol  !! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

having taken 4 hours this morning to get to work - drivers who cut across the hatched area at a slip road, then try and drive through 3 non moving lanes  - at right angle to those lanes to get to the one moving lane - and yes lorries were doing it too.

drivers that ignore the signs to move over to the inner two lanes - then drive past the lane shut red crosses at 70mph and expect to be let in at the cones shutting the lane (yes and that was lorries too).

on a side note, if you need to go across the dartford crossing today, I last heard the bridge was going to remain shut until at least now after a lorry hit a car on the bridge

• Thanks 1

The local retards who have just staggered home from the pub and have started letting off fireworks at 23:10 hrs! 

Although we have a dog that after 10 years has decided that she does not like loud 'bangs', and fireworks fall into that category for her, I don't have a problem with fireworks displays, we know when they are starting and can take steps to settle her ladyship. No worries.

However, I do have a problem with morons who have no consideration for anyone but themselves, and this bunch could fill a whole programme of 'neighbours from hell' alone. Fortunately, they are not our neighbours and their anti-social behaviour is something we hear about, rather than suffer. Until fireworks are on sale that is, then these retards just let them off at all hours of the night, as they are currently doing. There are young children in the neighbouring houses, but what do they care! 

• Like 2

Naga Munchetty, Fat bloke on the go compare ads, drunk louts, broken biscuits, dog mess on the footpath, junk mail, politicians, litter louts, soggy chips, fake news, arrogance, pretentiousness, bad manners, flat beer, warm beer, no beer, Rylan whatsisface, ladies that clean men’s loos, motorway service station prices,  Manchester United, warts, parking attendants, February, slugs, ...............but mostly Naga Munchetty. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lastdraft said:

Naga Munchetty, Fat bloke on the go compare ads, drunk louts, broken biscuits, dog mess on the footpath, junk mail, politicians, litter louts, soggy chips, fake news, arrogance, pretentiousness, bad manners, flat beer, warm beer, no beer, Rylan whatsisface, ladies that clean men’s loos, motorway service station prices,  Manchester United, warts, parking attendants, February, slugs, ...............but mostly Naga Munchetty. 

:default_biggrin: most i can agree with especially Man U and no beer but what exactly dont you like about Naga, i know she is a humourless woman but thats pretty standard isn' it :default_smiley-angelic002:

At the risk of raising the old chestnut, apostrophes (or should I say apostrophe’s!!). I know it can be a difficult subject to grasp but it seems to me that folk just put an apostrophe in before an ‘s’ on every occasion just to be sure. I must add here that I was not a good academic, didn’t behave very well at school and accordingly didn’t do well in exams so can’t claim to be an expert in the written word. (Not in anything actually.) But I do know where apostrophes belong and it ain’t before every darn s! :default_gbxhmm:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

:default_biggrin: most i can agree with especially Man U and no beer but what exactly dont you like about Naga, i know she is a humourless woman but thats pretty standard isn' it :default_smiley-angelic002:

Gee, that’s fighting talk!! The bit about Man U I mean, having a fan in the house I wouldn’t dare agree with that. 

Just now, vanessan said:

At the risk of raising the old chestnut, apostrophes (or should I say apostrophe’s!!). I know it can be a difficult subject to grasp but it seems to me that folk just put an apostrophe in before an ‘s’ on every occasion just to be sure. I must add here that I was not a good academic, didn’t behave very well at school and accordingly didn’t do well in exams so can’t claim to be an expert in the written word. (Not in anything actually.) But I do know where apostrophes belong and it ain’t before every darn s! :default_gbxhmm:

In order for anyone to avoid the wrath of vanessan:

Rules for the correct use of the apostrophe.

In English the apostrophe is used:

1. To indicate the possessive.
  2. To indicate missing letters.
  3. Sometimes to indicate the structure of unusual words.

Regarding Man U, I'm a Liverpool supporter and so for me it goes with the territory to despise them I'm afraid.

10 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

In order for anyone to avoid the wrath of vanessan:

Rules for the correct use of the apostrophe.

In English the apostrophe is used:

1. To indicate the possessive.
  2. To indicate missing letters.
  3. Sometimes to indicate the structure of unusual words.

Regarding Man U, I'm a Liverpool supporter and so for me it goes with the territory to despise them I'm afraid.

I bet that’s confused some even more! It certainly wouldn’t incur my wrath. I should add that it is when I see for example a menu board outside a pub or that sort of thing where incorrect apostrophes are rampant. Punctuation, spelling and grammar seem to be becoming less and less important in this day and age. I haven’t yet made up my mind if that is a good thing or a bad thing. It puts everything/everyone onto an even keel but is slowly destroying our language. It almost seems to be the norm now to use was instead of were, there instead of their, no rather than know and  so on. I hope this doesn’t start another argument but it would interest me to no wot ovvers fink. :default_norty:

• Like 1