Let Off Steam In Here !!!!

Wonderwall

Simon Cowell.     Now that man makes my teeth itch :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

He's false, he's smarmy , he exploits the weak , he's greedy , he's rude , he's arrogant, but apparently women think he's "it"

That X factor rubbish will be looked back on in the future as the cruelest , cheapest most unimaginable production that we have ever had the misfortune to be bombarded with . 

I don't like it , I don't watch it , but it's almost impossible to avoid completely .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

When I'm sitting in our little sea front café enjoying a Latte on a Sunday morning, in come the cyclists, head to toe in Lycra

Maybe on some cycling forum somewhere on the tinterweb there are a group of cyclists talking about the woman who is always in their cafe on a Sunday morning oogling their crotch stuffing :default_dry:

As we're talking about waving elsewhere, why do people insist on giving a wave of thanks when I wait at one of them width restriction traffic calming things. I'm waiting because it's the rules not because I'm being nice. You don't thank me for stopping at a red light do you.

Save your niceness for when it's needed. :default_coat:

Folks who should know the difference between their and there but don't. Anyone who says I didn't do nothing.

Chewing with the mouth open, loud chewing, elbows on tables at feeding time. People at arrivals in airports who block the exit while effusively greeting someone who has been away to Spain for a long weekend.

American immigration officials. (otherwise named the department of no sense of humour)

Eurotunnel in general, they say they can run up to 6 trains an hour then when they do oops we are delayed half an hour....

People who don't listen during debate but rant on as if you hadn't just refuted with facts everything they said or are about to say. The first few words out of the mouths of these people are YES BUT, look familiar ???

Disingenous people, dissonant people, politicians of all stripes who have both the previous traits.

PC BS (may I say that here ?)

People who don't know the difference between may and can.

Tailgaters.....

OMG I have just exploded, normal service will be resumed after I've had a lie down. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Here goes another moan...    I have just been defrosting my upright freezer.     Piece of cake getting the drawers out but you try putting the buggers back in,  they are a nightmare,   what a struggle.     It is a Beko upright.    Any tips for putting the drawers back in would be helpful.   I am afraid the air turns blue twice a year when i defrost it.

I can only speak as I find and all my Beko products have done nothing but serve me well for years.          It is not the company's fault about the drawers it is the designers.       I just was hoping that somebody else had got a technique of putting them back in which didn't involve going five rounds with Mike Tyson.

• Haha 1

I can't knock the Beko products that we have had but there are better designed alternatives out there. When our Beko washing machine and tumble dryer both expired after about ten years we did switch manufacturers and am glad that we did. Beko products are well priced and the service from our local Beko supplier is first rate but having made the switch I am glad that we did.

5 hours ago, Malanka said:

Folks who should know the difference between their and there but don't.

.People who don't know the difference between may and can.

Oh I so agree, but add to that...

Know and No..., Saying "less" when they mean "fewer"..., different to (or worse "different than" ) when they should say "Different from"...  "Off of" "reversing back" "the government are"... oh I could go on and on. Oh, and one last one "can I get" rather than "may I have".... oh and another last one... The correct reply to "how are you is "Well thank you" Not "good thanks". You are being asked about your health, not your morals.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Local radio, traffic reporters saying: "...There's delays at ..." when what they mean is: ".. there are delays at ..." or "... there is a delay at...".

Common mispronunciation of "Nuclear" (by BBC presenters and US presidents!) as "Noo-cue-lar" rather than "New-clear" (or perhaps "New-klee-are").

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deebee29 said:

Always been happy with our numerous Beko products over the years.

Monica the secret to getting the drawers back ( not just Beko) is to make sure you offer them up square to the runners ie not twisted.

I had a word with Beko and they said the same as yourself   I will have a go tomorrow and see.

• Like 1

Checkout assistants (or anyone else) who says, "See you later". No, you won't see me later, because I'm going home now, and not coming back, and if you follow me, you're a stalker.

I can stump them though. If, as usually the case, it's a young member of the opposite sex (can I say that in public this week, I've lost track), I reply, "OK, your place or mine?". That makes them stop and think!!!!

• Haha 2

Current pet hate...I'm full of cold and some wet weekend has altered the recipe on all of my favourite cough sweeties! Have you tried sucking a Fisherman's Fried lately? Okay, I'm thinking about that one...but honestly, they used to burn your tongue. I had a Victory V today, no that's wrong I had a whole packet of Victory V's...all at the same time. In the good old days, the cannabis and ether would have certainly got me, but they've gone all namby-pamby too. Zubes. Now with the strength of a wet tissue. Hacks...guaranteed to make your nose run...nope. After eating the remains of an old jar of Vicks I needed to take the taste away so opened a packet of midget gems only to find they've taken out the liquorice ones and replaced them with blackcurrant and taken out the white ones that tasted like Zoflora altogether. In desperation, I bought a bar of Bluebird Brazil Nut Toffee. A big label on it, 'WARNING: MAY CONTAIN NUTS'! It had better do or I will put the little hammer to some good use!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

To continue, a large amount of people. grrrrrrrr Anyone other than my mother who calls me dear. Mobile phone users or music listeners in the quiet coach on trains. Arrogant "I'm important" business men walking about the first class lounge at Heathrow conducting their conversation loud enough and with a cut glass accent aimed at intimidating the unwashed. 

I so want to buy a signal interrupter (available in the US) but illegal to use.

People who in the middle seat in an airliner who insist both armrests belong to them. Children kicking the back of my seat, loud children who scream all the time whilst playing. Parents who ignore their errant offspring whilst said future intellectual giant pull up plants, break branches off trees, shout, scream, swear, the list is endless.  

People who invade my personal space, people who don't wash themselves or their underwear frequently enough to prevent the inevitable odours from reaching my olfactory receptors.

Finally one for the oldies amongst us. MILLENIALS. i.e the ones with the entitlement outlook, the ones we owe a living to, the ones who take but don't give, the ones who think anything before 1999 was rubbish. The ones who talk about rights without mentioning the associated responsibilities. 

Holier than thou people who deign to tell me what I should or should not do... Geddit?? He he ...

This is so much fun.....another lie down required...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Malanka said:

People who in the middle seat in an airliner who insist both armrests belong to them

Ah, Martin, I see you are not aware of 'Airplane Etiquette'. Here is an instructional video for the broad of mind and tolerant of Australian/ Naughty Word English....:default_norty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFx1Cpxpx1E

• Haha 3

I've just had to fire this off to the BBC...

During the Programme in a piece about windmills, Stewart White, Twice Uttered the Words “Broads National Park”

You are reminded that the Norfolk Broads is NOT a National Park and that,

"..for the avoidance of any doubt, the broads are not legally a national park and do not come under the national park legislation, and nor will they."
Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for DEFRA (Hansard 2015)

It was decided by the Courts that the Broads Authority could use the terms National Park for advertising ONLY.

YOU the BBC are not allowed to advertise products, I.e. the Broads area as a National Park. Considering the BBC National news earlier had a piece about hidden advertising  on the internet, it is a shame you yourselves have been caught out by hidden advertising the same day.

Yours Sincerely

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1