Let Off Steam In Here !!!!

Wonderwall

11 hours ago, Maxwellian said:
23 hours ago, Malanka said:

Big BMW Big AUDI big VOLVO drivers who pull out in front of you forcing you to break then travel 60 m up the road to turn either left or right... Grrr.

Sorry, must try harder!

Me too !

I would buy one of those Warrior/Ninja trucks if only they would put the name on the back in bigger letters.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Timbo said:

I've got to get these added to the list:

Households with multiple cars without the provision to park them. I'm sick to death of not being able to get in and out of my own drive for neighbours parking their multitude of vehicles across my drive or on my drive. Out of nine households in my culdesac only four households have vehicles. My immediate neighbour and I have a car each and the remaining two households have nine...that's NINE vehicles between them including five cars and...

...What's with the sudden lark of bringing works vans home? Why in God's name would you think is feasible to park two, that's TWO, long-wheel-based huge vans outside a terraced house alongside your TWO estate cars AND a WINNEBAGO, while your equally dim-witted friend and neighbour already parks two cars, one long wheel based works van and a camper van and then your countryside destroying friends and family try to park a succession of various 4x4 vehicles all kitted out for an expedition across the nearest farmland just for the sake of getting their 4v4 muddy?

...and finally
Men who dig up roads...again. The Gas Board are currently laying a new gas main and digging up the entrance to every property in the area. Well, that's what the nice, pretty young ladies with the jaunty prows and rakish transoms tell us as they knock on our doors on a daily basis. However, looking through my window I notice that the only time these 'work gangs' have taken their boots off the dash of their vans and stop reading the paper or playing with their mobile phones is when a supervisor turns up once a week. As an archaeologist, I am well aware of the time it takes to stick in a trench and I would have finished the job four weeks ago...on my own, with a trowel!

I could not have put it better than this!

I also live in a culdesac. We have a car parking area and then you walk to your front door through the woodland and open stretches of grass. Its lovely, and a very safe environment for young children, who would have to go a long way to find a road to get knocked over on. 

However, over the years the number of cars per household has increased substantially, not just in our culdesac but in the surrounding area as well. People who cannot park in their road, now park in our car parking area. Or abandon to be more accurate. After numerous requests, the 'council' painted white lines to identify the parking spaces.  There are still not enough for the local residents, even less when the numpties from other roads park there. Add to the problem the number of work vans that now appear every night, and its a nightmare to find a space after 5pm. 

That in itself is annoying, but what really gets me mad is a bloody woman, who does not live here, who is incapable of parking her great big estate car in one of the marked parking slots. She finds it impossible to do so and tends to use the white lines as the centre line to follow, much as an aircraft does coming onto an airport gate. She ends up straddling two spaces and just walks away. I and other neighbours have tried speaking to her, but with little or no success; she just does not give a damn.  

• Like 1

we often get students or dominoes pizza employees parking in our road. the worst are the students, who all (to their credit) park really close - but they all have small cars, so along comes me to find no volvo sized spaces, and a small car length between every car. we are the closest spot to park to town where you dont need to buy a parking ticket, thus saturdays we get all and sundry parking.

to overcome this when I turn up with a car full of shopping I just double park while unloading - if someone I have blocked in turns up and wants to leave, - well I will just be 5 minutes then I can move my car - would you like to help me carry my shopping to my house?.

Like some others here the road only goes across the end of the row of houses so you cannot park outside your own house, thus its a free for all, and a bit further away is a residents car park.

Changing a light bulb on your car :default_dunce:

Back in the day, it was remove 4 screws from the lense cover, unscrew defective bulb, replace with a cheap as chips , one fits all new replacement, refix lense cover. Job done , about 3 minutes in total , easy peasy. It worked fine , I was never aware there was a problem .

Fast forward to our modern vehicles , and simple task it ain't . Jack up car , remove wheel , remove internal cover inside wheel arch become a skilled contortionist while attempting to remove a lamp which has been designed by someone with a twisted sense of humour. Then attempt to purchase a replacement from the many many many different versions available . Then repeat task in reverse . Time taken , a lot!!

And that's a simple example. Some are far more complex. 

Basically, if you don't have a ramp, take you car to your local garage where you will pay handsomely for the most simplest of chores. It really is a nonesense .

can someone make a " pulling your hair out " emoji !!!  It will be well used on this thread!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

Changing a light bulb on your car :default_dunce:

Back in the day, it was remove 4 screws from the lense cover, unscrew defective bulb, replace with a cheap as chips , one fits all new replacement, refix lense cover. Job done , about 3 minutes in total , easy peasy. It worked fine , I was never aware there was a problem .

Fast forward to our modern vehicles , and simple task it ain't . Jack up car , remove wheel , remove internal cover inside wheel arch become a skilled contortionist while attempting to remove a lamp which has been designed by someone with a twisted sense of humour. Then attempt to purchase a replacement from the many many many different versions available . Then repeat task in reverse . Time taken , a lot!!

And that's a simple example. Some are far more complex. 

Basically, if you don't have a ramp, take you car to your local garage where you will pay handsomely for the most simplest of chores. It really is a nonesense .

can someone make a " pulling your hair out " emoji !!!  It will be well used on this thread!!!!!

Hi Neil,

That procedure works OK with some cars to take the lamp out but for the life of you it can be impossible to put the lamp back in.

The Rover 75 and the MG version are contenders for the impossible, I got the lamp out on a MG for a friend but I tried all ways to put it back in, looking on the internet the advice was to drop the bumper and remove the headlamp, put in the lamp and then rebuild the car, time taken 3 hours.

Regards

Alan

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Neil,

That procedure works OK with some cars to take the lamp out but for the life of you it can be impossible to put the lamp back in.

The Rover 75 and the MG version are contenders for the impossible, I got the lamp out on a MG for a friend but I tried all ways to put it back in, looking on the internet the advice was to drop the bumper and remove the headlamp, put in the lamp and then rebuild the car, time taken 3 hours.

Regards

Alan

It is outrageous, do you think it is purely the cosmetic aspect of having 4 visible screws on your light cluster which stops cars from having the easy fix? 

On 26/10/2017 at 11:25, TheQ said:

The jogger in Coltishall with the the light on his head at 06:15 this morning who then turned his head to look at me with the bright LED shining in my eyes...

Pedestrians who to indicate where they are with LED torches and point them at the cars as they drive down the lanes, thereby blinding the driver....

I will 'dip' at the first sighting of a pedestrian - but any like that get the benefit of full beam from my xenons !

We went for a meal today, there was a 30 minute gap between stater and main. Phill pointed out that we were waiting there were apologies and promises of dinner 'soon' ....no it wasn't 'soon' and when it came, I had the joy of cold roasties. 

The service check 'is everything alright?' Came, so I said 'No, cold roasties aren't acceptable'  Apologies and we will replace them at once. No they didn't....at all. 

'Was the meal ok?' Asked the waitress holding the dessert menus. 'No, we waited too long, roasties were cold......' Apologies and my meal wasn't charged but we skipped dessert and coffees. The bill was still £90 for 4 of us. Grrrrr! 

No it wasn't on the Broads BTW

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Polly said:

We went for a meal today, there was a 30 minute gap between stater and main. Phill pointed out that we were waiting there were apologies and promises of dinner 'soon' ....no it wasn't 'soon' and when it came, I had the joy of cold roasties. 

The service check 'is everything alright?' Came, so I said 'No, cold roasties aren't acceptable'  Apologies and we will replace them at once. No they didn't....at all. 

'Was the meal ok?' Asked the waitress holding the dessert menus. 'No, we waited too long, roasties were cold......' Apologies and my meal wasn't charged but we skipped dessert and coffees. The bill was still £90 for 4 of us. Grrrrr! 

No it wasn't on the Broads BTW

It could have been on the Broads. Six of us went to a fairly local 'Broads' restaurant the other day and one of us suffered the same cold portion syndrome. It was sorted though, but not before the other five of us had finished our meals which meant that one of us eat separately, hardly the sociable meal that we had anticipated.

Curfew...I'm under curfew, or at least that's what it feels like. The clocks have gone back. So all of the street lighting goes out an hour earlier. Not much of a problem but...the gas board have dug four foot deep holes at intervals down the pavement and a variety of local idiot keeps removing the safety barriers so they can park their cars. Now it's a problem as I fell down one of the holes last night! Fortunately, I'm not injured or is that, unfortunately? I'm starting to feel more than a little trapped!

street light ? whats one of those?

A friend came out of hospital in Saudi having been visiting someone and imediately fell down a drain hole, the theft of drain covers out there is quite common. He then returned to the hospital with a broken leg.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a terrible feeling that Halloween is about to join my list. With a bit of luck a may be able to enjoy an evening in watching my favourite football team on television tonight-a rare treat for a number of reasons, 'er on board likes Holby (I never watch it) so who is going to answer the door? Well, I'm the boss here so is isn't going to be me......('er on board doesn't read this forum as far as I know).

As for my favourite team, I'm not saying as it may make a few non-believers break the Terms and Conditions of this forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Timbo said:

Curfew...I'm under curfew, or at least that's what it feels like. The clocks have gone back. So all of the street lighting goes out an hour earlier. Not much of a problem but...the gas board have dug four foot deep holes at intervals down the pavement and a variety of local idiot keeps removing the safety barriers so they can park their cars. Now it's a problem as I fell down one of the holes last night! Fortunately, I'm not injured or is that, unfortunately? I'm starting to feel more than a little trapped!

Report it to the gas company that you fell down one of their holes after somebody moved one of their barriers, that is a reportable to the HSE accident, they will then have to put measures in place to prevent it happening again. (can anyone tell I had to sit through a whole day of health and safety yesterday)

• Like 1

Sticking plasters grrrrr! Once upon a time you took a plaster from a box, or even a flat, red tin (anyone remember the old Elastplast tins?) take off the flap either end and put it wherever needed. Nowadays you cut yourself prepping veggies, get the box, probably have to tear off one plaster container from all the others. You then have to get in the little sealed envelope thingy to extract the plaster itself. By the time you have done all that and got the darn thing ready, you will probably have lost a quart or so of blood. I know it’s all ever so hygienic etc but, boy, do they annoy me!

• Like 1

On 31/10/2017 at 13:54, johnb said:

Ha ha, is that fishing or phishing? For reasons previously stated I'm not taking the bait, or byte! 

Did your team (Celtic) win??? :default_biggrin: