Let Off Steam In Here !!!!

Wonderwall

I'm not sure if it's only my doctors surgery, but if you phone up for an appointment , the receptionist always asks " what is it in relation too?!!" 

What a bloody cheek!! , there can't be many times when folk are willing to disclose that information, regardless of how mundane it may be. The receptionists are usually locals too!!!  

Is the norm?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Timbo said:

..... I needed to take the taste away so opened a packet of midget gems only to find they've taken out the liquorice ones and replaced them with blackcurrant and taken out the white ones that tasted like Zoflora altogether.

The good news is that oop North, you can buy Lion midget gems, which still have the liquorice and Zoflora flavours of our youth.  I realise that this is only one ray of sunshine in a heaven full of dark clouds, but every little helps.

• Like 2

Seems to me that here we have too many appointments. Scenario 1:Visit GP for 6 monthly medicines review. Get referred to Cardiologist for 5 minute consultation. Cardiologist prescribes minor change to medication. Try to order new medication from pharmacy only to be summoned for a further review with GP, which adds nothing to the process. Raise questions about changes with GP, only to be told that the Cardiologist knows what he is doing and if I have questions, I should take them up with him. 

Scenario 2: Referred to Consultant for scan. Attend consultation. Get appointment for scan. Attend scan. Receive results by post 3 weeks later. 3 months later, receive invitation for a meeting with Consultant  to discuss results of scan (which you already know). Attend consultation to be told what you already know by a different Consultant, who knows nothing about your case (the original having moved on). When you mention that there might be waste somewhere in both of these processes. All involved shrug their shoulders and explain that this is how the NHS works. Meanwhile those elsewhere in the system struggle to get the appointments they need.

Grrrrr

• Like 3

Big BMW Big AUDI big VOLVO drivers who pull out in front of you forcing you to break then travel 60 m up the road to turn either left or right... Grrr.

People who forget that the answer to every situation on the road is not always to BREAK..... 

Unrestrained children in cars

Badly packed cars going on holiday (we play spot the badly packed volvo..)

Speeders on residential streets.

Anyone without a sense of humour

The fact I can't float on my boat 300 days a year yet... (note the yet)

Folks who forget that communication is not just words and that some of us are trained to read the other 93 %. (met some with Boris and Monty at the Holiday Inn Express, their body language, facial expressions and tone of voice to me although "spoken" at their 6 yr old little girl was a study in prejudice. If you don't like dogs don't communicate that to your children and don't pick a dog friendly hotel....)

Imagine the scenario. Boris and Monty surrounded by one vet, two other adults and four children all cuddling them with tails a go go. Three other dogs within 10 feet all getting along swimmingly and all calmly sat being cuddled petted and otherwise being doggies. Angry (with whom) aggressive (why) father comes into reception and loudly shouts "come away" to their little six year old princess, (she hadn't actually moved from his side one cm as she was hiding behind his legs) chocolate all over her face, filthy dress, socks half down and teddy clutched protectively to her chest. The pastoral little scene descended into chaos as the kids jumped back, the adults backed off and Boris and Monty stood up. Other dogs barked (they were very small) and the rest joined in (even a service dog gave one small woofle). The one who didn't move was the vet. The stare he gave the father was epic... Made me smile.   One wonders at whom was the little demonstration aimed.... I hoped it was me as I didn't care....Boris standing up is quite a sight.

• Like 3

The Nissan Warrior type vehicle that caused me to brake heavily this morning then set off at a silly speed with trailer then got stuck behind a big van...

The jogger in Coltishall with the the light on his head at 06:15 this morning who then turned his head to look at me with the bright LED shining in my eyes...

Pedestrians who to indicate where they are with LED torches and point them at the cars as they drive down the lanes, thereby blinding the driver....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

The jogger in Coltishall with the the light on his head at 06:15 this morning who then turned his head to look at me with the bright LED shining in my eyes...

Pedestrians who to indicate where they are with LED torches and point them at the cars as they drive down the lanes, thereby blinding the driver....

Added to those two, the cyclists that insist on having three or four bright flashing lights on their bikes and one on their head, that they look straight at the drivers with thus double blinding said driver.

Charlie

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

Added to those two, the cyclists that insist on having three or four bright flashing lights on their bikes and one on their head, that they look straight at the drivers with thus double blinding said driver.

Charlie

But at least I can see where to aim the car :default_coat:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, WherryNice said:

Nicole? She n Papa advertised Renaults...?

That's the one, I didn't mind watching car adverts that she featured in, she could also replace that Kristin Scott Thomas in current Ford advertisements, does her head ever stay still?

11 hours ago, Malanka said:

Big BMW Big AUDI big VOLVO drivers who pull out in front of you forcing you to break then travel 60 m up the road to turn either left or right... Grrr.

People who forget that the answer to every situation on the road is not always to BREAK..... 

Unrestrained children in cars

Badly packed cars going on holiday (we play spot the badly packed volvo..)

Speeders on residential streets.

Anyone without a sense of humour

The fact I can't float on my boat 300 days a year yet... (note the yet)

Folks who forget that communication is not just words and that some of us are trained to read the other 93 %. (met some with Boris and Monty at the Holiday Inn Express, their body language, facial expressions and tone of voice to me although "spoken" at their 6 yr old little girl was a study in prejudice. If you don't like dogs don't communicate that to your children and don't pick a dog friendly hotel....)

Imagine the scenario. Boris and Monty surrounded by one vet, two other adults and four children all cuddling them with tails a go go. Three other dogs within 10 feet all getting along swimmingly and all calmly sat being cuddled petted and otherwise being doggies. Angry (with whom) aggressive (why) father comes into reception and loudly shouts "come away" to their little six year old princess, (she hadn't actually moved from his side one cm as she was hiding behind his legs) chocolate all over her face, filthy dress, socks half down and teddy clutched protectively to her chest. The pastoral little scene descended into chaos as the kids jumped back, the adults backed off and Boris and Monty stood up. Other dogs barked (they were very small) and the rest joined in (even a service dog gave one small woofle). The one who didn't move was the vet. The stare he gave the father was epic... Made me smile.   One wonders at whom was the little demonstration aimed.... I hoped it was me as I didn't care....Boris standing up is quite a sight.

Wow; someone must have taken the jam out of your donut just before you posted this.

On 10/15/2017 at 17:55, Wonderwall said:

Because there has been a bit tension of late , I thought it would be handy to have a wee room where we could come and have a moan , shout , scream, tantrum , whatever , 

Here goes , I'm first , and it probably won't be my last, lots of things annoy me:default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Automated switchboards :default_crying1animated:, you know , press 1 , press 5 , press 2 , press 1 , press 4 , on and on and on it goes . By the time you eventually get to talk to someone they should know what I had for tea, let alone the nature of my enquiry. But oh no not a bit of it :default_blink:, you still have to explain exactly what it is you require , and they then have to put you through to another department , and the process starts again . Soul destroying torture. It really rips my knitting .

Just get a human to answer in the first place :default_blush:, it did work almost perfectly back in the day . Is it all just a ruse to keep us on the phone so they can claim a bit back from BT? Surely not . 

Right that feels better , now let's hear yours:default_2gunsfiring_v1::default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Tune in the next time for litter louts 

Just read this thread from the start and yes automated switchboards: why can't they just be honest: "we don't really give a **** about your call and we are currently talking to customers who's business we value significantly more than your insignificant contribution to our profits. You will be on hold for some considerable time whilst we find some junior employee who can be parted from their Iphone for a minute or so to actually talk to you. As we have to convince our shareholders that we are a caring company, you will have a choice of music whilst you wait on this premium charged call, dial:

1 for Vivaldi Four Seasons, don't worry which one since you will hear it all before we answer.

2 for Rap, we figure that you will hang up long before we are ready.

3 for Rock and 4 etc etc etc.  

This thread is bad for your health and should contain a warning.

Having said that....Amazon, great aren't they. We noticed at the weekend they had been charging us £9.99 a month for the past 5 months so we ring them up to find out what's going on. Get through to someone who can barely speak English, explain situation giving endless personal details, he agrees there's nothing on the account and will transfer me to someone to refund the money.

Transferred to someone who can barely speak English, give endless personal details blah blah... he says "how much is the charge",

"£9.99" I reply.....he says "so that's 9 dollars 99cents".......ARRGHHH....... NO ......£9.99...... I'M IN ENGLAND......."Oh sorry I can't deal with that, I'll transfer you".....so I wait....and wait... and then he comes back on the line and says, " Excuse me sir can you tell me what time it is in the UK at the moment as I can't get any answer from the transfer", 11AM I tell him. The best he can do is give me a number to call, we got it sorted eventually, 1 hour on the phone which ended with them saying "we have cancelled your subscription"....well no you haven't, we never had a subscription, you have corrected your error. Clowns.

Here's another one, and you would expect better here. Thought I'd lost my debit card yesterday so rung the dedicated number for lost and stolen cards on my statement, various press this, say this questions, standard stuff, all going well and get the message "we are transferring you to one of our team" Automated answer comes on and says "Please tell us the nature of your enquiry.....for example....I want to pay a bill......I want to transfer some money"

Why have I rung a dedicated lost and stolen card number and end up being asked these questions?, who installs these systems?, are they proud of their work?

On the plus side I hadn't lost the card, just misplaced it, found it today, otherwise someone could have cleaned me out of the £6.45 in my account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got to get these added to the list:

Households with multiple cars without the provision to park them. I'm sick to death of not being able to get in and out of my own drive for neighbours parking their multitude of vehicles across my drive or on my drive. Out of nine households in my culdesac only four households have vehicles. My immediate neighbour and I have a car each and the remaining two households have nine...that's NINE vehicles between them including five cars and...

...What's with the sudden lark of bringing works vans home? Why in God's name would you think is feasible to park two, that's TWO, long-wheel-based huge vans outside a terraced house alongside your TWO estate cars AND a WINNEBAGO, while your equally dim-witted friend and neighbour already parks two cars, one long wheel based works van and a camper van and then your countryside destroying friends and family try to park a succession of various 4x4 vehicles all kitted out for an expedition across the nearest farmland just for the sake of getting their 4v4 muddy?

...and finally
Men who dig up roads...again. The Gas Board are currently laying a new gas main and digging up the entrance to every property in the area. Well, that's what the nice, pretty young ladies with the jaunty prows and rakish transoms tell us as they knock on our doors on a daily basis. However, looking through my window I notice that the only time these 'work gangs' have taken their boots off the dash of their vans and stop reading the paper or playing with their mobile phones is when a supervisor turns up once a week. As an archaeologist, I am well aware of the time it takes to stick in a trench and I would have finished the job four weeks ago...on my own, with a trowel!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1