Let Off Steam In Here !!!!

Wonderwall

Just what is it do the supply industries have against people in the countryside near Stalham?

Having had the problems of the cremated Swan, the electric people are closing the road past the church.

I drive back today past the cremated Swan down the hill to find the road from Ingham corner towards Lessingham closed, no pre warning,  no signs until you reach the closure. Although there have been blue marks on the road for a fortnight.

The diversion takes you towards Palling then turns right back to the cremated Swan!!!!

They are idiots!!!!

• Sad 1

Following TheQ-signs saying road ahead closed without saying exactly where. Earlier this year we arrived at West Somerton by car only to find the coast road was closed ahead. Went all the way back and up to Sea Palling, where the signs said "Road Ahead Closed" None of the locals seemed to know where the closure was or why but we took a chance and got to our destination ok. Throughout the year we have travelled extensively at night and this happens on major roads including motorways with very little info.  

We frequently travel to London on the A1 and coming home late at night as a rule we often find whole sections of the A1 closed with very poor detour signs taking us on wild goose chases through small villages up and down tiny country  lanes in the back of beyond. The signs dry up  leaving us to find our way, it puts miles on the journey and considerable time as well and late at night  In the total  blackness that is the norm in these places is really not much fun either.

Carole

I’m spending a lot more time driving than I’m used to or like these days (I used to do a lot years ago but don’t now) so my pet hates are ...

Drivers who cut in at the front of queues rather than waiting for their turn like everyone else. There are certain makes of car that seem to do this more than others but I’m way too new here to get drawn into that.

Lorries that overtake each other when they have a 0.1 mph speed advantage. Why can’t the one being passed slow down a little or better yet the overtaker live with a 0.1 mph speed reduction?

Cars that you pass and speed away from catching you up in traffic and tailgating you as though you’re holding them up.

That’ll do for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Timbo said:

Please, Steve, carry on. Are you standing for the prime minister I hope? You've got my vote anyway!:default_biggrin:

I think with the EU Brexit looming and a female PM standing between us and a divorce bill, we should do quite well.:6_smile:

Sorry Steve, but you don't have my vote.:default_biggrin:

On 15/10/2017 at 19:40, Snowy said:

People at tills,

for the sake of this rant I’ll use supermarkets as the example.....

why do people wait until the assistant asks for payment, look surprised and only then do they  search their pockets or bags looking for either a credit card or cash

HAVE THE POXY MONEY READY, ITS NOT REALLY A SURPRISE THE SHOP REQUIRES PAYMENT !!!

and breathe 

I agree wholeheartedly!

I need to get a HiViz jacket or t-shirt with, on the back, "Please do not queue behind me as I will be in the wrong queue!".

And another thing,

Who else, when in a supermarket queue, lets someone in before them as they 'only have a few things in a basket', only to watch their friend/husband/wife/partner / ? (anyone I've missed?) join them with a full trolly load as they say "you don't mind do you, we're together"? I do mind, but I'm too British to make a fuss. 

Just me then?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TheBof said:

I agree wholeheartedly!

I need to get a HiViz jacket or t-shirt with, on the back, "Please do not queue behind me as I will be in the wrong queue!".

And another thing,

Who else, when in a supermarket queue, lets someone in before them as they 'only have a few things in a basket', only to watch their friend/husband/wife/partner / ? (anyone I've missed?) join them with a full trolly load as they say "you don't mind do you, we're together"? I do mind, but I'm too British to make a fuss. 

Just me then?

I'm afraid so Bof :default_biggrin:

Not just you Bof, I've been shopping in Aldi's a lot lately, prices are good and their fruit and veg good value but what really, really gets me is when you're standing in a queue that seems a mile long at checkout number one and someone announces over the tannoy that they are opening till number five (no disrespects to older people) but the very same one's I've been dodging and trying to get past for the last half an hour and who are now standing behind me in the queue, move like there's no tomorrow and would put Usain Bolt to shame :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

You want to be in Tesco's Grace when they announce " In Isle 3 we are giving away. ......" If you are not careful you will be run down in the stampede.    Every other isle is completely empty.   Most of this queue is made up of pensioners.     Yes and  I am very much one at 72.   This happened a few years ago and I was astonished.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hylander said:

Nothing to do with letting off steam,   can anyone confirm whether or not you can dispose of rubbish at Womack please.  Thinking of going there tomorrow.

Thank you.

I emailed BA who tell me no facilities for rubbish at Womak.   Seen loads of people walking down with bin bags and none coming back with them so there must be bins.

Norwich Councils anti car / pro bicycle fixation. Close many roads, reduce others to 20, now let cyclists use the pedestrian precincts. Mousehold heath - reduce the road width to create a big cycle lane, and the cyclists still use the road but it's now too narrow to pass them safely if there's anything coming the other way ( which there normally is ! )

There's shops and services in the City I've been using for 30 years, and I'm now so fed up fighting my way in I no longer use them.

If they can't accept that Norwich is a rural hub, where from many outlying areas the only option is to drive ( sorry I forget, from Barton I have one bus a week on Thu mid morning ) then they need to wake up. OK there is the park and ride, and I have used this overpriced service ( per person not per car )  on occasion, but normally I need to be in and out and don't have the time or inclination to faff around.

That's it - need a coffee now..... !!

• Like 3

Of course, part of the problem at Womack is you were emailing the wrong people!!!   Try the people who are supposed to collect rubbish and that is North Norfolk District Council!!!

The Parish Council has been working hard on this as have others like Horning, and I am pleased to say Womack bins have been restored. Not sure of the exact details but somehow the situation is the PC have leased the bin storage and now the NNDC will collect! Cannot see the difference but that I believe is the case now - until the next round of cuts I guess!

• Like 2

I must have a tattoo on my forehead that only women can see that says "If you can't have a pop/moan at your husband/partner, please feel free to have a pop at me".  

This must start to flash when I sigh, sometimes I admit loudly, after waiting in the queue behind her as she chats to the checkout person, slowly packs her bags, chats to the checkout person, rearranges her bags, chats to the checkout person, remembers her purse is in the bottom of one of the bags, empties said bag, chats to the checkout person, dithers over which card to use, chats to the checkout person, uses the wrong pin, chats to the checkout person, remembers her pin, places purse in bag, says goodbye to the checkout person, starts to move then stops to retrieve her car keys from another bag. 

At this point, I sigh (again and possibly louder than before) and am rewarded with a stare that would melt concrete at 50 yards, a sniff and a "well really!" as she storms off. 

Is it just me?

Tin hat on!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

You want to be in Tesco's Grace when they announce " In Isle 3 we are giving away. ......" If you are not careful you will be run down in the stampede.    Every other isle is completely empty.   Most of this queue is made up of pensioners.     Yes and  I am very much one at 72.   This happened a few years ago and I was astonished.

They did this recently in our local Tesco and nobody   moved a muscle I was astonished too Strange lot these fens people

Carole

Talking  about supermarkets,When we are up and stocking  up in Morrison's,Tesco,Roy's etc the London in me comes out in me.Always behind someone  with 3 speeds one forward 2 backwards.almost impossible  to get past them.Then as others have pointed out.They can't find there money,credit/debit cards OH please you oney  have four  items.Then they take 20 minutes putting said items away after recounting the day with the checkout person.Please I want to get on the boat.Still they do say good day:default_sad:

Ian 

Ps perhaps I need to go on a anger management course. Perhaps not the last time I broke a few bones.

2 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Talking  about supermarkets,When we are up and stocking  up in Morrison's,Tesco,Roy's etc the London in me comes out in me.Always behind someone  with 3 speeds one forward 2 backwards.almost impossible  to get past them.Then as others have pointed out.They can't find there money,credit/debit cards OH please you oney  have four  items.Then they take 20 minutes putting said items away after recounting the day with the checkout person.Please I want to get on the boat.Still they do say good day:default_sad:

Ian 

Ps perhaps I need to go on a anger management course. Perhaps not the last time I broke a few bones.

The first time we came to the Broads in 2001 we were amazed at the tills in Roys both in the supermarket and the department store, it so similar to the Devon supermarkets. Of course we are on our holidays so time is not too much of an issue. Things have speeded up since then but it is still quaint, we always thought how the staff would cope in a major city.

Regards

Alan

Nothing more annoying to me than waiting to be served at a bar when a local walks in and the barstaff ignore all others to serve them first .

also when waiting in a queue at ,for instance , a customer service counter, the phone rings and the staff ignore me who is physically there and answer the phone and then spend 15 mins sorting out the problem .

a few years ago this happened to me and the agent answered a call , and then just before serving me took another call , this prompted me to stand there going “ ring ring , ring ring “ loudly and when asked to keep it down they weren’t happy when I answered that it seemed the only way to get any bloody service 

• Like 3

Sorry if posted before but at moment got boat brain.   There are  grey bins at Womack as you kindly told me.   Big sign. ....   for boat waste.   I took pleasure in informing the BA as they give out duff information.

We'll done Womack Parish.

Official Spokesperson who say,

So... It is really really,  you know,  awesome and, you know,  really really amazing.

NO,  NO,  NO.

You are the Spokesperson,  no I don't know,  your job is to explain the matter in standard English not media pratt gobbledygook.

And breathe. :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

• Like 1