Post Responses

troutman62

I realise of course  that we are living in a wonderful politically correct world nowadays, but would it be inconsidorate of me to request that a " Boring " icon be included  in the post response comments icons ? 

Please do not take offence at this request but it might at least create a bit of light hearted amusement.

What do other members think ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, troutman62 said:

I realise of course  that we are living in a wonderful politically correct world nowadays, but would it be inconsidorate of me to request that a " Boring " icon be included  in the post response comments icons ? 

Please do not take offence at this request but it might at least create a bit of light hearted amusement.

Why not come out with it and respond "I think this is boring" , just the same a "Boring" icon really.  

11 minutes ago, troutman62 said:

Yes it would be inconsiderate.

Andrew

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

Why not come out with it and respond "I think this is boring" , just the same a "Boring" icon really.  

I think this thread is boring :default_smiley-angelic002:

26 minutes ago, troutman62 said:

It would be inconsidorate. Broads Boating, like many passions in life, is a broad church and you can't be interested on all aspects or everything that's posted. If you're bored, move on and read something else. An icon for the purpose is unnecessary and would serve no positive purpose. 

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

I think this thread is boring :default_smiley-angelic002:

So do I: and when you get to my age without glasses all the icons look the same however long I look at them. 

BTW your comment of this thread being boring has excluded you from commenting further.

To be honest if your not interested in a thread then don't read it , I don't see any need to claim something that's boring to one member needs anything other than the said member not reading or participating in the thread .

5 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

BTW your comment of this thread being boring has excluded you from commenting further.

Do not try and silence me Phillodhdgsbbdudbsjcal :default_ohmy:

1 minute ago, Philosophical said:

Maybe there should be an Icon for that

I bet no-one has ever thought of that. Maybe I should start a thread requesting it :default_huh:

It wouldn't work. Having an "It's boring" icon. The poster of the accused thread wouldn't know for certain if it was the thread or he the poster who was being identified as "Boring". There may well be those who would pick on an individual and put the boring tag on his every post. It doesn't sit well with the "Friendly forum" tag

Nope, Sorry Troutman, I see no real plusses for the idea, but several negatives.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

OMG never in a month of Sundays! Some people lurk on here for years before getting up the confidence to post, imagine then that first post being met with a  'boring' comment. 

Some threads bore me, I don't read them. Sorted.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

It wouldn't work. Having an "It's boring" icon. The poster of the accused thread wouldn't know for certain if it was the thread or he the poster who was being identified as "Boring". There may well be those who would pick on an individual and put the boring tag on his every post. It doesn't sit well with the "Friendly forum" tag

Nope, Sorry Troutman, I see no real plusses for the idea, but several negatives.

Thank You MM, yes that is the main reason we wont be adding a boring reaction, (another being I'm not sure how to do it)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Its easy to spot a boring thread it dies off quickly :default_badday:, I fully agree MM its far to easy for it to turn into an abuse button .

3 minutes ago, Polly said:

OMG never in a month of Sundays! Some people lurk on here for years before getting up the confidence to post, imagine then that first post being met with a  'boring' comment. You'd not be so rude face to face, (I hope) so why be so online?

Brilliantly put Polly being attacked by a keyboard warrior is not fun .

All it would achieve is upset members, cause arguments and bad feeling. Why would you want to go out of your way to upset someone on purpose. Absolutely no need for it, if you don't want to read a thread, then don't, simple

This is the friendly forum, we should all strive to keep it that way

Let's move on shall we? It's getting boring :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 8

There have been posts in the past (various people and various subjects) that I have felt any one or combination of negative emotions for.

Anger, regret, irritation boredom and even frustration, they're all there at some time or another. Sometimes I've typed out a long reply to these posts but have not hit the 'send' button. I'm sure that many of us have done the same.

It is inevitable that such emotions occur, the larger the forum, the more often the occurrences but it is from pressing the send button that tiffs (for the want of a better word) grow. we had one fairly recently, it didn't show the members or the forum in a good light.

We end up going back to the pub analogy. Imagine that you are standing in a pub and someone is droning on about something. Do you tell him he's being boring?  (That's when you discover that he's a black-belt in some really painful oriental sport).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1