All Ready For The Spring Meet.

Daddy Mouse

Spent the weekend picking up our new (to us) boat. We can now moor stern on, no outboard to get in the way. The Alpha is twice the size of our old Viking and much easier to manoeuvre. Probably more importantly the boss likes it so she shouldn't moan at me for getting in the wayIMG_20181113_125254.jpgIMG_20181113_125321.jpgIMG_20181112_153927.jpgIMG_20181112_153909.jpg

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Baitrunner said:

I'm not too keen on that helm position. The wheel is a bit high for me. :default_eusa_dance:

good luck and enjoy your new toy. :default_beerchug:

We hired one last year and found the helm to be just right for us two. Although neither of us is very tall.

Was nice to see over the reeds rather then at them as we do from our boat and the previous forward steer tubs we have hired.

In fact that was part of the reason we decided to hire a flybridge model next time. 

Looks very nice!

Doesn't look like the usual Alpha fit to me. Was she built as a private boat?

If you find the boat a little difficult to steer in a straight line, put some ballast down aft. A sack of cement (or two) might make a difference! These boats are built on the hull of the Wilds Bermuda, which had a rear engine. The centre cockpit centre engine version tends to be a bit bow down.

Looks very nice!
Doesn't look like the usual Alpha fit to me. Was she built as a private boat?
If you find the boat a little difficult to steer in a straight line, put some ballast down aft. A sack of cement (or two) might make a difference! These boats are built on the hull of the Wilds Bermuda, which had a rear engine. The centre cockpit centre engine version tends to be a bit bow down.
She is propably the easiest boat I have ever helmed. But that could be me being older and doing things at a slower pace.

I would guess they date from around 2002? That seems to be when she left the fleet.

The reg is a bit confusing as a 'T' which was originally 1960's - But she was obviously built around the time the new system came in (circa 1993) when the BA were using up old unallocated numbers.

I would guess they date from around 2002? That seems to be when she left the fleet.
The reg is a bit confusing as a 'T' which was originally 1960's - But she was obviously built around the time the new system came in (circa 1993) when the BA were using up old unallocated numbers.

Yes definitely 1993 the engine was manufactured in 1992