A Real Treat - Sherz And Linz 2018 Boat Trip

DAVIDH

2p for what it's worth :default_icon_e_biggrin:

I stopped in 2006 and Mrs Nog has smoked on and off but given up again recently. People close to me have suffered through smoking. But, we all know the risks. But if folks want to smoke I don't have a problem in the slightest. I repair old radios too and you should see the insides of some of them! I certainly don't agree with folks being ouscticsed because they smoke. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hylander said:

So anyone who cannot afford a boat other than a cheap boat is going to get that disgusting smell throughout the boat.    What is wrong with smokers smoking outside,  my hubby used to smoke and he would never dream of smoking in bed (dangerous for a start) and also the smell, let alone the health implications for kiddies if they were the next family on board.

I can't agree with that. I'm a non-smoker and yet having hired Richardsons budget boats many times I've never once smelt cigarette smoke. Richardsons must have a reliable method of removing the smell I feel because by the law of averages there must have been a smoker on board before me a few times. 

• Like 1

With regard to this ongoing debate I used to smoke 40 JPS or half oz of Old Holburn a day and have no objection to anybody who wishes to smoke. In answer to Hylander`s post as I said in my earlier post you are not allowed to smoke in a lorry because other people will be driving it so the same would apply to a hire boat it is a public place and I don`t think Richardsons could say you are allowed. This said it my own opinion and interpretation of the law. As for the hospital incident, Goole Hospital has notices at the entrance saying there  is no smoking allowed anywhere on the site.

• Like 1

There really isn’t any reason for speculation on the health effects of secondary smoking. One of the largest ever studies looked at hundreds of thousands of individuals and the evidence is clear and incontrovertible, just go look it up. ( there’s a teaser for you) 

Apart from the results of the study which may hopefully surprise a huge number if you check it out before posting .  I don’t like the smell. That’s enough for me. 

M

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

I would rather hire a boat previously hired by smokers than moor next to someone who leaves their engine running churning out diesel smoke 

I’d rather the odd Diesel engine. A boat that smells of stale smoke is there 24x7. I have insisted on moving hotel rooms before that smelt of stale smoke.

I hate the smell, irrespective of the health effects. 

Each to their own though. :default_beerchug:  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Malanka said:

There really isn’t any reason for speculation on the health effects of secondary smoking. One of the largest ever studies looked at hundreds of thousands of individuals and the evidence is clear and incontrovertible, just go look it up. ( there’s a teaser for you) 

Apart from the results of the study which may hopefully surprise a huge number if you check it out before posting .  I don’t like the smell. That’s enough for me. 

M

11 hours ago, Malanka said:

Alongside active smokers living in houses working in pubs and bars etc.

I imagine you'll be surprised. It surprised the bejesus out of me. 

M  

Having googled a few things, I have found nothing in the least surprising, but then again, I don't know what you were looking at, nor do I know what your previous  thoughts on the subject were.

Generally, the Google results suggested that second hand smoke isn't good!

• Like 1

I am a former smoker myself and in fact was brought up in the tobacco industry , I now vape (I realise that many are against that too) , Katie still smokes although no one smokes on Cerise Lady either inside or anywhere on board .

I can understand that many find the smell of smoke in an enclosed area to be offensive and choose to avoid such areas , but i can also sympathise with smokers and welcome the choice for all to either hire a boat that smoking is permitted on or to choose a totally non smoking vessel.

• 2 years later...