Hire Boats Mooring In Other Boat Yards

Coryton

10 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

There are a lot of moorings at Norwich, so I would agree, as long as you don't leave it too late you should get in.

The Prince of Wales Road is nearby and it can get lively with the night life but this is mainly on Friday and Saturday nights, otherwise its OK - you may get some traffic noise from the Riverside Road which runs along the moorings. It is true that boats have been set adrift in the past although speaking to one of the rangers this is not a common occurrence. The advice is always drop your mud weight just as an added precaution. It might be better to avoid Friday and Saturday to be on the safe side although it would be quieter mooring upstream near Bishops Bridge where the main road starts to bend away from the river.

Norwich is not a quiet mooring as such but well worth it to be able to enjoy all that the City has to offer. Most places of interest are in reasonable walking distance too.

Plus the mooring posts at the Yacht Station have a ring on top so you can feed your rope through and back onto the boat so they just can't lift your rope off the post even if the end is taken back on board.

• Like 1

If you can avoid Friday or Saturday nights, Norwich is no problem and certainly a city worth visiting. Boats are securely moored using the rings on the posts and by dropping your mudweight. I believe the harbour master double moors boats if they are very busy, he is usually there until 8pm. £13 overnight. 

15 hours ago, Frankphughes said:

Thanks For that Grendel. Do you know if you can reserve moorings, in particular Norwich?  Yours in appreciation. 

Hello Frank,

You should be OK at the yacht station, if you need an electric hook up there is three posts towards the upper end of the moorings. 

As others have said drop the mud weight and tie off all of your ropes back on the boat.

Dependent on your  your air-draft you may have to check the tides for passage under the railway bridge, this does effect us if we can get into Norwich or not, on my last visit the tides should have been all right but arriving at the bridge there was enough clearance for our boat Ranworth Breeze,

Regards

Alan

Hmm so for £12 you get a bin and have to pay for your own water - I'm underwhelmed. I can't be the only one who prefers to shower on the boat rather than use public ones so showers included doesn't help me much. 

Having said all that, although Ranworth Island is lovely it's £10 for nowt but a small patch of grass. That makes WRC seem a bargain. 

• Like 2

Hi Broads 01

I get what you are saying 

I don’t really mind. It looks like a great location. Assistance from trained professionals, passcode entry. I am not sure but think it would be cheaper or similar  to moor than to park a car for that length of time.  

I would love all mooring and parking etc to be free esp as when most people visit areas of beauty etc  bring money business to that area. But this is not the case  and so there are charges for many places. My in laws live in the Lake District  and prices for parking can be crazy. 

I would prefer not to pay and get angry when at times you see parking fees etc that are abviously priced to get the most money. 

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 08:03, rightsaidfred said:

Were you moored in the section they reserve for their own returning boats? if so I would suggest you would get the same response everywhere, NBD do not allow Private craft or those from non federation yards in but do accommodate any boats from federation yards subject to available space.

Fred

I'm sure we had only just started our holiday and it was a Monday morning, and I reckon one of their crew got a kick out of banging on our roof so early in the morning while our curtains were shut.

13 hours ago, KaptinKev said:

I'm sure we had only just started our holiday and it was a Monday morning, and I reckon one of their crew got a kick out of banging on our roof so early in the morning while our curtains were shut.

Monday morning is one of their busiest days with all the weekend short break boats returning.

Fred

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 08:41, rightsaidfred said:

Monday morning is one of their busiest days with all the weekend short break boats returning.

Fred

I always thought it was Saturday, and Monday was a good time to moor in other yards?

I always find just courteously asking when mooring up gets you all the information you need, even when you find that the courteous information is that you cant moor up in that yard because you're a private boat.

I've never had anyone being rude or knocking me up (oi) after I've been polite enough to ask of I am ok to moor up