Norfolk Lady Tales

Mouldy

On 15/04/2022 at 17:02, Mouldy said:

It was good of the BA to leave three barges moored at Somerleyton, on a bank holiday weekend.  Other than them, the moorings were full of private craft.

We were one of those private craft that had just left Somerleyton (after a lovely overnight stay) and finally got to wave to a boat (and it's owners :default_biggrin:) that I recognised from reading posts on NBN.

Though I'm not able to yet put forum names to boat names, so had to log on this even to find out it was Mouldy :default_beerchug:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Karizma said:

We were one of those private craft that had just left Somerleyton (after a lovely overnight stay) and finally got to wave to a boat (and it's owners :default_biggrin:) that I recognised from reading posts on NBN.

Though I'm not able to yet put forum names to boat names, so had to log on this even to find out it was Mouldy :default_beerchug:

Yep, guilty as charged!!  We (well I to be perfectly truthful) recognised Karizma.  I’d been watching it on Apolloduck and was beginning to think about making an offer on her.  Fortunately, you bought it and saved me from getting into trouble (again!).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ray said:

"Thinking about making an offer"

"Battery failure"

Norfolk Lady knew.... boats have feelings you know 😂

Bloody delayed reaction.  It must be a year since Karizma was on the market!! 😁. Yeah, I know.  It was stupid of me to even consider it!  Might have to treat her to a polish and wax before we go home on Monday by way of an apology!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mouldy said:

I’d been watching it on Apolloduck and was beginning to think about making an offer on her.

glad you didn't - we are really enjoying 'looking after her' at the moment & so glad we brought her back to the broads.

• Like 1

After a surprisingly peaceful night, given the proximity of the Yacht Station to the main road, I woke to a glorious morning.  There was a slight mist rolling over the water, which was mirror calm.  I rushed to get dressed and get the drone in the air.  As can be seen in the photos, there were pockets of mist hanging over the fields and river.  Beautiful!

Deb took Harley for a walk and when she returned we topped up with water before setting off - our intention was to get to Somerleyton bridge before the river level rises and we have to wait for it to open to pass through.

Were currently chugging along The Waveney near the WRC, so we’ll on the way.  Not sure where we heading for, but I’ll update later.

Ive also included a shot across the Yacht Station taken last night as darkness fell.  It was a lovely evening, cool, but clear.

A3FE46D9-845C-46A5-B5E0-EC55B223DED8.jpeg

D03B778D-1304-46CE-9635-B4810EA9C579.jpeg

476F6A37-FD4D-47D7-A0AA-D7C752117081.jpeg

DDE69F5C-9293-4AED-87FD-ED8019280411.jpeg

F4159814-6A74-457B-94A9-8C48A7C1A4A1.jpeg

0377FFC8-66D0-49AB-8409-33FBC6642E79.jpeg

8D9FF1C8-9B8B-4053-BDC7-C17613C9AD90.jpeg

CD79206A-4DE1-4A5B-AD40-CD11F4383D6A.jpeg

3189ECE4-1F5E-4E50-B5A5-247836B83D3E.jpeg

B1B785BF-20B4-4F95-AA4B-15D97AA0E1CF.jpeg

2D621446-A153-4724-807C-BF227BF71F68.jpeg

74F34F2E-F56E-4B1F-BC04-E92A05F2F060.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Love 1

The sun really does bring images to life. The aerial one of the cross of the river with the yacht station is my favourite. The sunrays peeking through the trees look good. Is that mist formed on the river next to the high level bridge Malcolm? 

20 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Sweetkingfisher was 8.3

That's our official height although with full tanks, a couple of people aft and the nav light mast down we could probably scrape 8' (scrape is not a word I like in this context)

35 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

The sun really does bring images to life. The aerial one of the cross of the river with the yacht station is my favourite. The sunrays peeking through the trees look good. Is that mist formed on the river next to the high level bridge Malcolm? 

Hi David.  Yes, there were pockets of mist here and there.  It looks like the mist has caught the light in that area.  Just so you’re aware, all of the drone shots this trip have been taken using the DJI Mini 2.  Due to the weight, it’s perfectly legal to overfly built up areas.  For such a small drone, I think the results are extremely good.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ray said:

That's our official height although with full tanks, a couple of people aft and the nav light mast down we could probably scrape 8' (scrape is not a word I like in this context)

A couple of people?  They’d need to be very large in stature!  I wouldn’t attempt it at less than 8’3”, otherwise whatever context you use the word, scrape will be very much the operative term. 😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ray said:

I forgot.... we haven't met for that pint yet! 😂🍕🍮🍰🍔

Ooooooh!  That hurt!!  I know I’m not slim now, but I don’t think that I’d provide sufficient ballast!!  😉😂

• Haha 1

Well, we made it under Somerleyton- showing 9’6” when we passed and along the most boring stretch of navigation on The Broads.  The lower Bure can be boring sometimes, but the New Cut beats it hands down in the monotony stakes.  My first mate didn’t seem too bothered, she was watching progress between periods of rest . . . . . . . . . . oh, and the wife, she was sitting in the aft cockpit, knitting!

Were currently sitting in the sunshine at Reedham, where Cannells and the Post Office cafe seem to be doing a roaring trade, although the quay is not particularly busy.

96D9A2C8-90CE-4E05-A714-E921F4CBBFC3.jpeg

13CED018-9E23-40F1-8518-9D171ECE460C.jpeg

7D6277F4-31AC-4F22-9DBE-5015058659E2.jpeg

26FC4C44-BB27-479B-9EC0-6FB4A2160A50.jpeg

ECE91EB8-53DB-4DA7-884A-B4B79B82DB01.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Why wont you post a picture of the new boat? Is it having work done on it.

Yes she's having  some work done following  the survey  and some work we want done.As I said hopefully  very soon.Marina is have a op on ther wrist by end of month. So think should  get the boat by end of week or early next week.