Tide Times.

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,

can anybody tell me the times of Low water slack at Gt Yarmouth this Sat / Sun and Tues / Wed`y. I`m hoping to go North either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning, and back for Oulton Broad on Wednesday late afternoon. What are the tides doing, and are we thwarted yet again?.

It seems every  time we`re afloat, the tides are always against us.

I use this site (see link below). It gives you a chart for the week showing the tides at various places around the Broads. Slack at Yarmouth is roughly an hour after low water. This site shows low water at Yarmouth being at 04:49 and slack at 05:49, a bit later than the app above...probably because gives low water on the Bure near the Yacht Station rather than the Yare.

http://www.norfolk-broads.org/tides/tide_report.asp

• Like 2

8 hours ago, YnysMon said:

I use this site (see link below). It gives you a chart for the week showing the tides at various places around the Broads. Slack at Yarmouth is roughly an hour after low water. This site shows low water at Yarmouth being at 04:49 and slack at 05:49, a bit later than the app above...probably because gives low water on the Bure near the Yacht Station rather than the Yare.

http://www.norfolk-broads.org/tides/tide_report.asp

We always use this one too, all the info you need right there and can get a full week in one chart for most areas needed :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

I use the AA one on my phone but its a bit limiting when trying to plan so I always use the other one everyone uses if I am planning going anywhere. I am not sure , on the Broads either that I trust the 6 hrs flood and ebb times as shown - I prefer to assume for most places, a 5hr flood and a 7 hr ebb but thats just my preference

I am not sure of the source of the AA one so on balance would check it with the other source - however always remember tides cannot read tables !!!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Regulo said:

Why would you be pushing the tide across Breydon? If you arrive at the Yacht Station at slack (or a little before on the last of the Bure ebb), the tide is already flowing in across Breydon.

Because of previous arrangements meaning convenient times.  I`m trying to find out whether we`re going to have to get up very early, as we need to be at Oulton Broad YS for the early - mid afternoon.