Rugby Word Cup Semi

unclemike

Careful, Fairt', I commented on the Grand Prix the other day four hours after it finished and got vilified. I think we're not supposed to comment on sports results until those who have their heads stuck up the own <<insert here location of choice>> have had chance to read the Guardian in the morning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Somebody needs to say well done to England for beating the All Blacks yesterday so I will:

:default_eusa_dance::594c04f570582_default_happyparty::default_party0001: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I was hoping it would be an all UK final but it was not to be. Commiserations to Wales but well done for reaching the semifinals. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Wise man once told me "If you have nothing nice to say then best to say nothing". 

That was no wise man, that was a stupid man, it's the same as saying "If something is wrong just keep quiet about it and hope it goes away".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I'm not quite that old, The wise men are a bit before my time. 

Of course you remember them. They are the ones who bring pressies, Gold, Frankincense and Tetleys.  :default_biggrin:

Although it`s not my rugby code, it`s been a brilliant world cup with some stunning England displays.

Paul.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Careful, Fairt', I commented on the Grand Prix the other day four hours after it finished and got vilified. I think we're not supposed to comment on sports results until those who have their heads stuck up the own <<insert here location of choice>> have had chance to read the Guardian in the morning. 

Paul,

If you removed your own head from whatever choice of location you have it inserted, you might consider this.

The difference was the race was broadcast 6am on a sunday and many fans would not have had chance to watch it.

All a matter of timing.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

With a name like psychicsurveyor I wouldn't have thought you needed to watch it, however if you did you would have had chance to watch the later rerun which I did not post until after, which you would have known if you were aware of the circumstances before making your remark, but don't worry, I forgive you. 

It puts me in mind of the recent Psychic night we held at the local cricket club. The "medium" rang a couple of days before the event to ask how many people we were expecting. I thought if you were any good you'd know that already. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vanessan said:

Somebody needs to say well done to England for beating the All Blacks yesterday so I will:

:default_eusa_dance::594c04f570582_default_happyparty::default_party0001: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I was hoping it would be an all UK final but it was not to be. Commiserations to Wales but well done for reaching the semifinals. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

One of the best rugby matches ever.       :default_drink_2:

England.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It has been a wonderful World Cup a lot of great games. It seems Japan has really taken to the event and it has been wonderfully well organised. There were some concerns over the standard of refereeing in the early games but I have to say that in the knock out rounds it has been fantastic, with referees prepared to let games flow, which is always great for the viewer.

Hard luck to Wales this morning. I thought they would win but South Africa have found a way of suffocating opposing attacks in the tournament and Wales just couldn't get their dangerous attack into the game. Whilst it doesn't make for great viewing they would tell you it is simply playing to their strengths. As a life long Leicester Tigers fan I cannot complain about ball up the shirt rugby, I was bought up watching and playing it. It will be interesting to see if South Africa can close down England's back line in the final, which has been unstoppable so far. 

Good luck to Wales in the bronze medal game, though I appreciate it's the game nobody wants to play.

33 minutes ago, Paul said:

With a name like psychicsurveyor I wouldn't have thought you needed to watch it, however if you did you would have had chance to watch the later rerun which I did not post until after, which you would have known if you were aware of the circumstances before making your remark, but don't worry, I forgive you. 

It puts me in mind of the recent Psychic night we held at the local cricket club. The "medium" rang a couple of days before the event to ask how many people we were expecting. I thought if you were any good you'd know that already. 

Bit sad that you can't accept that you might have been a bit hasty in you OP,

don't give up the day job for comedy.

:default_biggrin:

• Like 3

6am i am firmly asleep, even for F1, yhen add in grandchildren and it is the afternoon before i csn get control of the tv.

The BBC are a nightmare to be avoided on race day, they always announce the result, usually on my way back from Norfolk. With football they always give a warning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psychicsurveyor said:

6am i am firmly asleep, even for F1, yhen add in grandchildren and it is the afternoon before i csn get control of the tv.

The BBC are a nightmare to be avoided on race day, they always announce the result, usually on my way back from Norfolk. With football they always give a warning.

You think the BBC are that bad, think again, they don`t even know British Superbikes exists.  The only channels you get to see it on is an hour of hilights of only the two main event races, usually with too much chat on ITV4 midweek, or if you`re very lucky, a couple of rounds being live on Quest (part of eurosport) again, with several of the support races not being shown. 

Talk about losing a golden opportunity?.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

You think the BBC are that bad, think again, they don`t even know British Superbikes exists.  The only channels you get to see it on is an hour of hilights of only the two main event races, usually with too much chat on ITV4 midweek, or if you`re very lucky, a couple of rounds being live on Quest (part of eurosport) again, with several of the support races not being shown. 

Talk about losing a golden opportunity?.

Maybe it’s just that there isn’t enough interest to show it?

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

Maybe it’s just that there isn’t enough interest to show it?

Take a look at the BTCC, then watch a BSB round at the same tracks, BSB has continually gets bigger, and still growing crowds, yet the BTCC gets live coverage on ITV4 at EVERY round. BSB gets a lot more interest than snooker, yet snooker ALWAYS gets full live coverage.

Quite a few years back, the BBC covered Moto GP, all three classes, Moto 3 + 2 on BBC Red button, then Moto GP on either BBC1 or 2 depending what else was on. All live and uninterrupted, it was brilliant coverage, enjoyed by millions, not only at home but also abroad, yet they dropped it because it was to do with those nasty smelly motorbike things.

4 hours ago, Hylander said:

One of the best rugby matches ever.       :default_drink_2:

England.PNG

We watched the game down here in NZ live. First time Erindoors has watched a rugby game and it is a very long time since I have seen her so excited. Sunday morning I was sure I could hear bells tolling all over the Nation. A day of National Mourning. The press here was so convinced of an All Black walkover of England. Let our joy be unconfined!

Chris

• Like 3