Ignore Content

12 minutes ago, Polly said:

there are a lot who come to the Forum for more light hearted discussion. 

:default_icon_wave:

1 hour ago, Simondo said:

Is it possible to set a forum or a thread to be ignored so that they don't pop up in unread content?

Hope you're not wanting to ignore my mundane ramblings Simondo, just tell me to shurrup instead, I don't take offense and I'll still buy you a pint :default_biggrin:

I'm inclined to agree with Fred. There are a few topics I don't bother with but I read most even if I don't contribute. 

I think the Speakers Corner is a good idea. I don't have the depth of knowledge of the likes of JM and Co but I can read their opinions. 

I assume it was inspired by the original Speakers Corner - wonder if Old Frank and Gruntfuttuck will appear - mind you they probably have but under different guises. :default_norty:

As I recall JM was the top contributer :default_trophy:

PS I do also agree with Paul - we should try to be friendly but still have healthy debate 

• Like 2

If you want to ignore certain parts of the forum then you need to select those which you still want to follow and mark them as "follow". Then create a new activity stream with the settings you prefer, which maybe unread content, or topics active in the last 48 hours or whatever then set following to "posted in areas I follow"

Bookmark that activity thread and use it as your gateway page to the forum. When you arrive then you will only see posts from sections of the forum that interest you.

Please make sure when you have created your stream save it as a new one and give it a logical name, like "Polly's Landing Page".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Cockatoo said:

Is that how we get you to buy a pint?

Shurrup @Jayfire

See you in the Yare next time you are up :) :default_beerchug:

The shurrup isn't strictly necessary mate, I'm always up for buying a round, as long as we're all supping :default_biggrin:

See you soon pal :default_beerchug: 

3 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

I would have thought it was very easy and not complicated to not click on anything that you don't want to read about.

Jeff

You might have thought so, but time has shown this not to be the case. Rather, from past experience it is obviously easier to read the content about which one has no interest and then record that lack of interest with some kind of acerbic comment about everybody else's involvement in it. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

I assume it was inspired by the original Speakers Corner - wonder if Old Frank and Gruntfuttuck will appear - mind you they probably have but under different guises. :default_norty:

Old Frank is not a member but I do spot dear old Grunts and Mardler now and again. As for Tree Hugger, occasionally see him shuffling around the boat yard or propped up in the boozer but not online.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jayfire said:

:default_icon_wave:

Hope you're not wanting to ignore my mundane ramblings Simondo, just tell me to shurrup instead, I don't take offense and I'll still buy you a pint :default_biggrin:

I'll have that pint anytime and yes keep on rambling l👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Old Frank is not a member but I do spot dear old Grunts and Mardler now and again. As for Tree Hugger, occasionally see him shuffling around the boat yard or propped up in the boozer but not online.

Empty tables, empty chairs. In their time they made a wonderful and constructive contribution to many and to their understanding and appreciation of the Broads and its political shenanigans.

They are sadly missed.

Andrew

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wussername said:

Empty tables, empty chairs. In their time they made a wonderful and constructive contribution to many and to their understanding and appreciation of the Broads and its political shenanigans.

They are sadly missed.

Andrew

Not lost though, they are out there, generally in private groups on Facebook but with the occasional, sometimes tactical sortie out into the public arena on topics such as the Acle Debacle and the Acle BNP charade. 

• Like 2