A Little Bit Extra

SwanR

Given that we may not have any new holiday tales for a little while, and given that I have been amusing myself by making some compilation videos, I thought that I would start this topic here.

All my video clips have been taken over the last four years. We've hired the following boats:

Swan Reflection 1 & 2 from Richardson's, although previously hired from Swancraft but no videos from that time

Rose Emblem, Bronze Emblem and Zircon Emblem from Ferry Marina

Moon Beam while it was still hiring from Horizon Craft 

Fair Prince 1 & 2 from Norfolk Broads Direct

Sonnet 1 & 3 from Barnes Brinkcraft.

Happy to answer any questions about the boats, the videos, where we were etc. but otherwise I hope that you enjoy revisiting these with me. Music copyright is becoming an issue on YouTube but I am hoping to keep using my own music for a while yet. I tried the YouTube audio library but ... I do prefer my own music.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Given that we may not have any new holiday tales for a little while, and given that I have been amusing myself by making some compilation videos, I thought that I would start this topic here.

All my video clips have been taken over the last four years. We've hired the following boats:

Swan Reflection 1 & 2 from Richardson's, although previously hired from Swancraft but no videos from that time

Rose Emblem, Bronze Emblem and Zircon Emblem from Ferry Marina

Moon Beam while it was still hiring from Horizon Craft 

Fair Prince 1 & 2 from Norfolk Broads Direct

Sonnet 1 & 3 from Barnes Brinkcraft.

Happy to answer any questions about the boats, the videos, where we were etc. but otherwise I hope that you enjoy revisiting these with me. Music copyright is becoming an issue on YouTube but I am hoping to keep using my own music for a while yet. I tried the YouTube audio library but ... I do prefer my own music.

Think you forgot Sweetkingfisher from Oulton broad, sorry shes not for sale!:default_biggrin:

• Like 1

Thanks for mentioning Bronze Emblem SwanR this is the first time I have seen a boat we have hired mentioned on the forum. We hired her 1993,4,5 and 6 as River Hart from Stalham Yacht services. From Craigs list it appears she was built the year before we hired her. We found a very comfortable craft.

I have attached a photo of her in 94 somewhere on the Northern Broads. If anyone knows where it is please tell I cannot remember.

river hart.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pastboating said:

Thanks for mentioning Bronze Emblem SwanR this is the first time I have seen a boat we have hired mentioned on the forum.

Love seeing your photo. We really enjoyed our week on Bronze Emblem. You will find my write up somewhere on the Holiday Tales forum along with a video. :)

Here is A Little Bit Extra - Part 2 and this time we are cruising up the Ant, taking it easy with a more relaxing and perhaps jazzy soundtrack to accompany us. It's a river we really enjoy taking time to explore. When we hire from Richardson's it can be just going down it on takeover day and back up the night before returning the boat. If we hire from elsewhere then it is a destination we love ... as long as we're not on a flybridge cruiser that can't get under Ludham Bridge when the river levels are high. We've been caught out by that particularly in October on Zircon Emblem, Moon Beam and Silver Emblem, which I forgot to mention on my list of boats that we've hired.

One of my best days ever was spent cruising the Ant with clear blue skies and sunshine all day from sunrise to sunset.

• Like 7

A LittleBit Extra part 3 is now available to view. This time I've pulled together some clips of busy days on the rivers, you know the sort at certain times of year where you feel like you're in a convoy and the popular mooring spots are soon full.

Some quieter music to start us off, as requested by someone I was chatting to on one of the Facebook groups. It's all music that I own on this series of videos so far ... I'm managing to keep on the right side of the YouTube music gods!

• Like 7

Thanks Jean, much appreciated, just what’s needed just now when we can’t get to the Broads. Part 3 brought back happy memories for me, especially the clip of the Hunter’s boats along the St Benet’s stretch and the on where view is from the bank side below Burgh Castle. I still think that clip of the line of boats behaving themselves behind a BA launch is hilarious. Last time I was at that spot was the day of storm Ciara, with the wind doing its best to flatten the reeds. February now seems a very long time ago. A different world.

• Like 1

Helen I remember you mentioning your visit to Burgh Castle. 

The day that we went there it was pure chance that the timing worked out the way it did. As we found the path down to where you could stand by the river I got ridiculously excited because I could hear boat engines. And it was so funny seeing them come round that corner behind the launch. 

I could have stood there for ages watching all the boats! 

• Like 1

On 19/04/2020 at 12:58, SwanR said:

A LittleBit Extra part 3 is now available to view. This time I've pulled together some clips of busy days on the rivers, you know the sort at certain times of year where you feel like you're in a convoy and the popular mooring spots are soon full.

Some quieter music to start us off, as requested by someone I was chatting to on one of the Facebook groups. It's all music that I own on this series of videos so far ... I'm managing to keep on the right side of the YouTube music gods!

Just fantastic.

• Thanks 1

For anyone interested we now have A Little Bit Extra - Part 4 Dawn to Dusk. My theme is some of the beautiful sunrise and sunset colours that you see in those amazing Norfolk and Suffolk skies that we love. Incidentally ... I've been quite hooked on getting out to watch the stars and the satellites passing over this week. Something interesting to focus on while so much of life is restricted.

• Like 6

Here we are then ... A Little Bit Extra - Part 5 Comings and Goings. This time it's a compilation that includes clips I had of boats leaving, passing by or arriving. You'll see what I mean when you watch it. 

I felt that the first track in particular was quite poignant for the times in which we find ourselves.

And a mention for @Chelsea14Ian as this one has my footage of Sweet Kingfisher leaving the yacht station at Oulton Broad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

That was a Marthams boat with one of their old hands at the helm, they do tend to gun them a bit when they go through especially if the clearance is marginal, they want to drop them that extra half inch, also the old hands know if they clip the bridge they will be the one fixing it.

• Like 2

So Part 6 is now available to view. We are coming to the end of my Broads journey, possibly another one, not quite decided yet. And then I might turn my attention to some other compilations of other places. So if you like my videos then please subscribe to my channel. 

This time it's a look at some of those places that are nature reserves or gardens. 

• Like 3

I went to the Fairhaven water garden last year and found it a really wonderful place to go. If you like a long walk in a garden that seems to go on forever, has little rivers running through it and you can take your dog, I would recommend it to anyone.

• Like 1