Full Membership Of The Forum

Sam

Guest Jayfire
1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

You need to make 50 sensible posts. Therefore ignore me and Fireman Sam :default_norty:

Think we could manage the 100 posts if we were to add both of our sensible posts together mate?

Nope me either :default_biggrin:

:default_beerchug:

Morning, I mean afternoon all. 

New legislation with implications for the forum and our organization as a whole seems to pop out of the woodwork almost weekly. Ian and I have the mind set of getting out in front of any and all new legislation and not only putting in place all legally required procedures in a timely fashion but also taking an active role in the discussion and development of that legislation.

It's not just legislation targeted directly at online forums and social pages that has an impact on us as an organization. Everything from the Equalities Act to the Data Protection Act, Health & Safety to the increasingly sporadic implementation of legislation around the current pandemic all have an impact on the running of the organization and its forum.

The security of our members is paramount which is why the NBN Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary and  moderation team members are all DBS checked and undergo the now legally required raft of safeguarding training. Although as Alan says, we increased the number of sensible posts we rely on the experience of our moderation team who review all posts on the forum and regularly review new members for full membership of the forum. We also regularly review and remove inactive members of the forum to maintain the accuracy of our records to comply with legislation and to provide accurate marketing information to our sponsors.

Two years ago we had around 2500 active members. We now have around 85,000 active members of the forum and we send out over 100,000 notification emails a month. The NBN team are a bit like swans, occasionally all serene on the surface, paddling like hell underneath and yes, there is the occasional flap of wings and much honking should someone bring out a Warburton's Toasty, but they all work extremely hard, for which I for one am very grateful. They even have to put up with regular cryptic phone calls from me!

• Thanks 15

Guest Jayfire
1 hour ago, KatieR said:

So....I’ll look forward to the next spot the pub posts- and see if I can’t beat Jean to the lowest score ever! :default_biggrin:

But I thought you were starting to get to know the Broads pub's better lately :default_smile:

Guest Jayfire
10 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

85,000! Good grief, that sounds a lot! 

So is full membership basically at Moderators (excellent) discretion rather than strict post numbers per se? 

Good job I sneaked in all those years ago :default_norty:

Mate with my dodgy history I've been in and out and starting anew so many times lately...:default_norty:

Guest Jayfire
12 minutes ago, KatieR said:

Oh don’t you worry, I have a really decent pub guide...:default_icon_luvlove:

Interesting, if it's that good where did you pick it up from? I'm always keen to find out more about the Broadland boozers :35_thinking:

Guest Jayfire
52 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Hi, I'm Timbo. I drink beer and Jack Daniels. My interests are boats, woodwork and archaeology. :default_norty:

You're just not my type

The usual procedure is to have a look at the list of members and filter by number of posts, i do this every 3 or 4 months (or when i remember) and make a list of members due for upgrade, then i post the list to the rest of the moderators and ask if they believe the member has posted enough sensible posts, if we agree they have i will update the membership, just having the requisite number of posts is not the only qualifier, we like members to have been here a few months too so we can get to know them.

• Like 4

Guest Jayfire
1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Might be a bit out of date now though Mr Fire sir. :default_beerchug:

Cheers Mr Nog, doesn't matter about out of date, I like having a look at old bit's and bobs :default_biggrin: