Full Membership Of The Forum

Sam

Guest Jayfire
43 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

We'll tell her you said that.....

She already knows my feelings mate :default_biggrin:

35 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

We'll be getting in bother with Mr Grendel sir for going off topic :default_icon_e_surprised:

I'll try to scan it if I get time. 

Pffft he doesn't scare me Mr Nog :default_biggrin:

Cheers pal :default_beerchug:

4 hours ago, oldgregg said:

In the same glass?

It depends how close to kicking out time it is! :default_beerchug:

4 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Nobody ever said timbo was fussy

I see you've met my ex-wives? :default_norty:

3 hours ago, KatieR said:

Erm....I’m not sure if this more of an attempt to educate our Mr Fire about Broadland boozers or an advert to get picked up Timbo? :default_rofl:

I've not been picked up for a long time...they just tend to leave me where I'm lying and step over me! :default_drinks:

3 hours ago, Jayfire said:

You're just not my type

Ah, that's cos you just bought a boat...you can't afford me now! :default_smiley-taunt014::default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

Pffft he doesn't scare me Mr Nog :default_biggrin:

It's Maxwellian you've got to watch out for. We've weened him off the chianti but he's still at the fava beans! :default_icon_twisted::default_biggrin:

• Haha 4

Guest Jayfire
4 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Ah, that's cos you just bought a boat...you can't afford me now! :default_smiley-taunt014::default_biggrin:

And yet somehow, I don't feel I'm missing out :default_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Timbo said:

It's Maxwellian you've got to watch out for. We've weened him off the chianti but he's still at the fava beans! :default_icon_twisted::default_biggrin:

Pfft, another puppy cat like G :default_smiley-angelic002:

7 hours ago, KatieR said:

see if I can’t beat Jean to the lowest score ever! :default_biggrin:

I'll have you know that my folder of photos of Broadland pubs is coming along nicely! Problem is that when I'm posting from my phone I haven't got access to it!! Haven't set foot in most of the pubs either, at least not to consume alcohol, but then the rules don't say you have to have had a drink there. :default_xmas6:

• Haha 1

Guest Jayfire
4 minutes ago, SwanR said:

I'll have you know that my folder of photos of Broadland pubs is coming along nicely!

:default_biggrin: Looks like someone is in trouble Katie :default_rofl:

4 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Haven't set foot in most of the pubs either, at least not to consume alcohol, but then the rules don't say you have to have had a drink there. :default_xmas6:

You're quite right there Jean and I see what you're saying. I need a rule change! :default_norty:

:default_xmas2:

Guest Jayfire
22 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Pardon!!!   :default_swordpir:

This can't be allowed to be deemed acceptable Mr Nog. Jean really must be educated into the ways of the booze hound :default_beerchug:

Morning, I mean afternoon all. 

New legislation with implications for the forum and our organization as a whole seems to pop out of the woodwork almost weekly. Ian and I have the mind set of getting out in front of any and all new legislation and not only putting in place all legally required procedures in a timely fashion but also taking an active role in the discussion and development of that legislation.

It's not just legislation targeted directly at online forums and social pages that has an impact on us as an organization. Everything from the Equalities Act to the Data Protection Act, Health & Safety to the increasingly sporadic implementation of legislation around the current pandemic all have an impact on the running of the organization and its forum.

The security of our members is paramount which is why the NBN Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary and  moderation team members are all DBS checked and undergo the now legally required raft of safeguarding training. Although as Alan says, we increased the number of sensible posts we rely on the experience of our moderation team who review all posts on the forum and regularly review new members for full membership of the forum. We also regularly review and remove inactive members of the forum to maintain the accuracy of our records to comply with legislation and to provide accurate marketing information to our sponsors.

Hey Timbo - Do all forums have to comply by law and do what you and the mods do?  It seems a hell of a lot of time / work for your small team on behalf of our large membership - Grateful as we all are I'm sure.  What happens if other forums don't follow the rules like the NBN does? Do they leave themselves open to getting their collars felt by the appropriate authority? Can they be close down?

Thanks,

Griff

6 hours ago, Polly said:

Basically ‘Yes’ to compliance Griff. The social media outlets are now increasingly held to account as ‘editors’ of the content. So ignoring that change  might prove to be unhealthy.😷

Hence the reason why so many Facecrook and Instagranny posts, are now deleted and people banned for a while.

Just had a look to see how many posts I'd made to find I actually am a Full Member, quite a few of my friends and colleagues already knew that!   :default_icon_e_surprised:

Some of my posts must have been sensible then!  :default_smile:

Wow, humbled and honored, I shall raise a glass tonight!  :default_drinks:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, tim said:

Just had a look to see how many posts I'd made to find I actually am a Full Member, quite a few of my friends and colleagues already knew that!   :default_icon_e_surprised:

Some of my posts must have been sensible then!  :default_smile:

Wow, humbled and honored, I shall raise a glass tonight!  :default_drinks:

I'll drink to that :default_winko:  It's an honour to have you here (ohh fetch the bucket) :default_biggrin: x

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, KatieR said:

Oh Lordy- if all posts were totally sensible, then the forum would be worse for it- it would certainly be a less inclusive place to frequent.

The fact that there is a mix of sensible discussion, debate, information seeking and sharing, fun, laughter and support makes it feel accepting to a range of people and in my view that can only be positive.

So some slightly less sensible posts amongst others are perfectly ok in my book- the Nog/Fire posts and spot the pub games make lots of people smile I’m sure! 

What we could do without are those odd posts which occasionally appear from other members, full or otherwise, which seek to dig out or undermine others- they are far less palatable.

So....I’ll look forward to the next spot the pub posts- and see if I can’t beat Jean to the lowest score ever! :default_biggrin:

I don`t know if you log on to other forums of different topics but with 85k members all is to be expected here.

• Like 1