Monday 29th

CambridgeCabby

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

Norfolk Lady looking very smart there. Moored up in Rockland St Mary staithe I assume? Beautiful photos, as always Malcolm. 

Thanks Helen.  We certainly were at Rockland.  Photos from the phone for now.  I did take the camera, but need to download them to our iMac first.

Day trip to Norfolk today to check on boat / outlaws / parents, all of whom live within 5 miles of each other and none of whom I've seen since October. Home tonight. 340 mile round trip. 😴

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Helian said:

Day trip to Norfolk today to check on boat / outlaws / parents, all of whom live within 5 miles of each other and none of whom I've seen since October. Home tonight. 340 mile round trip. 😴

Look out for roadworks around the Newmarket area of the A14/A11.  There are 2 sets, one to replace the central barriers and one to strengthen a bridge.  Temporary speed limits in force and a camera cunningly placed at the bridge works in both directions.

Great timing for both at the start of what could be the busiest holiday season in Norfolk for years.

• Like 1

Day trip to Norfolk today to check on boat / outlaws / parents, all of whom live within 5 miles of each other and none of whom I've seen since October. Home tonight. 340 mile round trip. 😴

Please don't take this the wrong way or get 'The Hump' but just how is a 340 mile round trip classed as 'Staying Local'?

Griff

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Day trip to Norfolk today to check on boat / outlaws / parents, all of whom live within 5 miles of each other and none of whom I've seen since October. Home tonight. 340 mile round trip. 😴

Please don't take this the wrong way or get 'The Hump' but just how is a 340 mile round trip classed as 'Staying Local'?

Griff

My understanding is the stay local requirement ceased yesterday. Anyway main purpose of trip is go visit elderly parents.

Guest Jayfire

I've been out on the water today.

Well, when I say on I actually mean in...and the in was for my water rescue recertification course

So the wait to get on the boat and river still goes on.......😔

5 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Griff

Read minimise not stay local.

Been changing the motorway signs to "Minimise Travel"

Had a run out today managed the 6 mile round trip ok. Moorings empty, nice job done at south Walsham new moorings. Don’t know what’s going on at St Bennett’s with all the no mooring signs is this some sort  of covid safe idea? 
Was told by a wild swimmer we shouldn’t be using our boats Really! 

John BBCB5D12-4D78-4181-B39C-897977A25B73.thumb.jpeg.8c5bc92156925e9945c0e1f8e39b7257.jpegFC4547FD-131B-4802-BD84-8FA540516A55.thumb.jpeg.4f3b60969d88a9d8919b6c13dee696e6.jpeg

2BEB6972-EF2D-47FC-AA1C-3D1E482F4DC2.jpeg

29748ABF-5FF8-4598-AE0B-07A5747C1825.jpeg

• Like 1

I think that was the BA guidance at one time, at which point I elected to defect to national! Just checked back on my previous posts so didn’t imagine it. Not going silly on the day trips though, trip to the local tyre man today to get spare resealed and revalved on the backup vessel. Lots more traffic out there today.

9 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Griff