Do As I Say, But Not . . . .

Vaughan

Without in any way touching on the politics, I just wondered how Kay Burley can presume to pontificate on the actions of Matt Hancock when she herself, has just returned from a 6 month suspension for a flagrant, public and arrogant breach of Covid regulations.

I have always believed that news presenters should report the news and not presume to make it for themselves.  Sir Richard Dimbleby is long forgotten, it seems!

• Like 9

Good point Vaughan. I guess she served her suspension. Many other folk have been caught out on this and other rules over the years. Matt Hancock lost his credibility to continue and that was the problem, just in my view. 

• Like 3

I dont particularly like Ms Burley but that is just a personal choice.    I think there is more to this than meets the eye with our Matt.      From what I have heard there is an investigation going on as to why a camera was in one of the Ministerial offices in the first place which breaks security rules.     Someone has been contracted to put that camera in , in readiness to achieve the end result which we have all seen.       intriguing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

I dont particularly like Ms Burley but that is just a personal choice.    I think there is more to this than meets the eye with our Matt.      From what I have heard there is an investigation going on as to why a camera was in one of the Ministerial offices in the first place which breaks security rules.     Someone has been contracted to put that camera in , in readiness to achieve the end result which we have all seen.       intriguing.

I wonder if we will ever be told the real truth. You would think that MH would be well aware of any cameras and avoid them like the plague when erm 🤔 - otherwise occupied! Watch this space........

• Like 1

I always believed that the fellow was at some point, in time, going to be the sacrificial lamb for any critisism levelled at the Gov. handling of Covid. Having resigned, he can still carry the can  and will be in a much weaker position to defend himself.

• Like 3

Exactly! Oh I know, it was put in to see the smoke - no smoke without fire or some silly old wives saying!

If it was a whistleblower (working for the NNR?) how did they know which detector to stick it in or is that known as the office snogging spot???

P.S. Only posted to see where I am in the pecking order!

Some one on the security team or office team dosn't like Hancock! if they are found out they should be sacked with no pension there's to much of this type of thing going on getting your own back for some remark or slight and broad casting to all and summery,  and if she is his girl friend i would have classed her as part of his bubble, another example of keep social life out of the office/work place. John

• Like 1

I would have thought that every ministers office should be under CCTV for the security of the nation. As for using a private email address for government business, that really is a matter of concern if true.