Development At Brooms

Mouldy

15 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Interesting reading.  It may explain why two syndicate boats moored there were moved.

9 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Interesting reading.  It may explain why two syndicate boats moored there were moved.

Lightning hasn’t moved, although I suspect we’ll both have to if this is given the go ahead.  Whether temporarily or permanent remains to be seen - the quay heading is on its last legs though.

38 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I've tried following this link, but all I get is a menu for the application and anything I press on leads nowhere. How do I get to see any useful info?

RS2021,

There are several "tabs" there "Details, Comments .... etc." and further information is available under several of them, but particularly "Documents". from which "View associated documents" takes you to a long list of pdfs here: https://planning.broads-authority.gov.uk/PublicAccessDocs/planningdocs.aspx?appType=Development Control&appNumber=BA/2021/0209/FUL

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

RS2021,

There are several "tabs" there "Details, Comments .... etc." and further information is available under several of them, but particularly "Documents". from which "View associated documents" takes you to a long list of pdfs here: https://planning.broads-authority.gov.uk/PublicAccessDocs/planningdocs.aspx?appType=Development Control&appNumber=BA/2021/0209/FUL

Ah. This link works. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Broads01 said:

"Floating holiday lodges" are part of the plan. Marketing speak does make me smile - they'll be houseboats!

Indeed, must be something in the water up there in Brundall. They call hire boats  private charter craft 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looking at the plan, the ‘floating holiday lodges’ are all pretty crammed in.  Two things spring to mind here:

1. Aside from the four facing the river, the views from the other six are pretty limited.
  2. Fourteen parking spaces?  Where will the parking be for the hire fleet and the other private craft that may remain there?

9B5803C7-7AAB-4626-939F-E1A2FA7F703F.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Looking at the plan, the ‘floating holiday lodges’ are all pretty crammed in.  Two things spring to mind here:

1. Aside from the four facing the river, the views from the other six are pretty limited.
  2. Fourteen parking spaces?  Where will the parking be for the hire fleet and the other private craft that may remain there?

9B5803C7-7AAB-4626-939F-E1A2FA7F703F.jpeg

Indeed that is my question - no doubt they would look perfect in the presentation & they are not concerned as to returnees. Is the parking on the site of the building they propose to demolish?

9 minutes ago, Bytheriver said:

Indeed that is my question - no doubt they would look perfect in the presentation & they are not concerned as to returnees. Is the parking on the site of the building they propose to demolish?

It looks as if that’s where the parking is, but from when we’ve been there on Moonlight Shadow in the past, parking is at a bit of a premium on site anyway.  If permission is granted and the development goes ahead, time will tell how things will pan out.