Boat Withdrawal Symptoms

Ray

We called up to ours the weekend before last, just to set up the dehumidifier and reset the engine bay heaters. ย Despite the appalling weather, I did find myself wanting to stay. ย Might go up Saturday afternoon for a sleepover!! ย ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Today I found myself referring to a wheel on my wife's car that has a slow puncture as the starboard stern wheel ๐Ÿ™„

Sad, very Sad, it is the Starboard Quarter Ray, and the ones that do the steering t are Bow.ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  .download.png.96cf0ecb37031d27e723b895e62d4102.png

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ray said:

Thank you Chris... I will now be able to exasperate my crew even more when they have no idea what I mean ๐Ÿ˜‚

Tell them to leave something lying athwartships and watch them scratch their heads.

We've 'moored' the car somewhere many times.

• Haha 1

I decided that I need to scratch an itch, so have booked a table for Christmas dinner at The Ferry House on Saturday night. ย Weโ€™ll probably chug round on the boat, unless the weather is really naff, in which case weโ€™ll drive to the pub, but either way weโ€™ll overnight afloat, whether at the pub or marina.

It'll make a change from the smell of paint for a few hours!! ย Did I mention that I hate decorating!!

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Ray said:

Today I found myself referring to a wheel on my wife's car that has a slow puncture as the starboard stern wheel ๐Ÿ™„

Before you changed the starboard stern wheel, I hope you found somewhere safe to moor!!

• Haha 2

Not been onboard now since our last maintenance weekend 14th Nov, we didn't even get 'B.A' out of the wetshed eitherย :default_smiley-angry047:

I'm itching to get afloat too.ย  Work and social diaries getting in the road as normal.ย  I got word today that a client had to cancel next Wed - Fri (Windows not being delivered on time) I immediately thought - 'B.A' from Tuesday night through to Friday evening, but I need to be home for Saturday morning as I have promised to get the rest of our outside Christmas lights up, clean the gutterings out whilst I'm at it.ย  Fit external cctv to my lads house.

Plus a client is desperate for her kitchen / dining room / hall floors to be tiled, currently booked in for May.ย  Reluctantly I rang her earlier this evening and made her day and told her I would be there Wednesday so I am now committedย 

It is doubtful I will get onboard by the end of the year now.ย  :default_sad:

I'm working up to and including the 22nd maybe the forenoon of the 23rd.ย  27th and 30th are Game shoot days, dare I drive down on New Years Eve with just me and Purdey dog? Really?ย  MrsG wouldn't be too chuffed on that one

Griff

ย 

ย 

since the end of the Lads Week now

7 hours ago, Mouldy said:

I have a feeling that Charlie probably does most of her decorating now.ย :default_biggrin:

It's not her own decorating the Queen was referring to. It was everywhere she has ever visited. From time immemorial always smells of fresh paint.

The joke has been going round for years even when I met them at Lord Brabournes estate, when doing a bit of beating for the shoot in the late 60's. The joke was bandied about, because, there was no fresh paint in the large barn where the food was laid on. And the other answer is. Yes. The queen used to be a very good shot with her own set of Purdeys.

6 hours ago, FairTmiddlin said:

It's not her own decorating the Queen was referring to. It was everywhere she has ever visited. From time immemorial always smells of fresh paint.

The joke has been going round for years even when I met them at Lord Brabournes estate, when doing a bit of beating for the shoot in the late 60's. The joke was bandied about, because, there was no fresh paint in the large barn where the food was laid on. And the other answer is. Yes. The queen used to be a very good shot with her own set of Purdeys.

Ah, thanks for that. ย I thought the decorating referred to was pinning medals on chests and tapping folk on the shoulder with the blade of a sword!! ย I obviously donโ€™t mix in the right circles!!ย :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

On 08/12/2021 at 14:35, Mouldy said:

I decided that I need to scratch an itch, so have booked a table for Christmas dinner at The Ferry House on Saturday night. ย Weโ€™ll probably chug round on the boat, unless the weather is really naff, in which case weโ€™ll drive to the pub, but either way weโ€™ll overnight afloat, whether at the pub or marina.

Weโ€™ll, it didnโ€™t disappoint!! ย I have a sneaky feeling that the wife might regret giving me her sprouts though!!

EB3EF9FD-E038-4115-8E82-B69F3F5EBBB8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2