Christmas Leftovers

grendel

35 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Dear God - you lot must be bored.

Love your sense of humour Monica. Can you remember the days when Iain (Broadscot) was with us, the mention of the C word before the 1st of December you'd have been hung, drawn and quartered :default_biggrin: Bless him

There's never any left over wine of course but I do love left over cold meats, mash and pickles :135_santa: x

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Love your sense of humour Monica. Can you remember the days when Iain (Broadscot) was with us, the mention of the C word before the 1st of December you'd have been hung, drawn and quartered :default_biggrin: Bless him

There's never any left over wine of course but I do love left over cold meats, mash and pickles :135_santa: x

Yes our dear Iain,  I hope he is looking down on the forum and thinking - what is going on?

• Love 1

Oh please, I watched a documentary on a serial killer last night, he had smells coming from his attic and it wasn't sprouts :default_biggrin: 

9 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Yes our dear Iain,  I hope he is looking down on the forum and thinking - what is going on?

M, I can feel Iain's :default_eusa_naughty: from here :6973434b8b31cd5effed88c7cbb2f1149d4af7_t:x

• Like 1

I managed to avoid the Temple of Tat when we were on the rivers recently - I sent the wife in!!  😁. Some might think that dangerous, however she was able to ignore all of the bargains on offer, just bought a few dog treats and some goodies from the bakery and to be fair, I’d have been disappointed if she hadn’t.

She said that there was more Hallowe’en tat on display than Christmas toot, which I found hard to believe, but Hallowe’en seems to have become yet another American idea that we’ve adopted to drain our pockets on cheap Chinese imports.

Like our erstwhile, esteemed pesky mod, I’m very much of the opinion that talk of Christmas should be banned until 1st December, so call upon out current moderators to uphold this in the name of Broadscot!!  :default_coat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think we still have a leftover Christmas curry in the freezer, it's a Christmas curry as it was going to be a turkey curry but due to a lack of raisins in the house and a blob of heavy going Christmas pud (and a few beers beforehand) Ali decided to re-use the raisins in the Christmas pud, not by picking them out but by using the whole pud remains in the curry (it was a big cook up not a small pan).

As it turned out it's pretty bloody good despite the amount of alcohol the pud was laced with. :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mouldy said:

Like our erstwhile, esteemed pesky mod, I’m very much of the opinion that talk of Christmas should be banned until 1st December, so call upon out current moderators to uphold this in the name of Broadscot!!  :default_coat:

not many a night goes by without a moderator somewhere being heard uttering this prayer

"oh lord, please send down your servant Iain (Broadscot) to smite these sinners."

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Home alone this Christmas as wife has to work Christmas and Boxing day. Compromise with her boss as she's allowed her 3weeks off in November. It's the kidds year for visiting inlaws etc. So we will see them all Christmas eve. Pure bliss as far as I'm concerned, microwave curry few bottles of ice cold beer and any film I want to watch on TV. Going footie boxing day so all sorted. I may even sit around in my dressing gown all day Christmas day. Be no waste or left overs in my house lol..

6 minutes ago, andyg said:

I love a large portion of sprouts yum..don't think the wife shares my enthusiasm for said vegetable...

Well, if you eat a large portion Christmas eve you'll be sorted. No one will even notice on Christmas day. Mind you, the combination of microwave curry and remaining effects of the sprouts might not be good. A few air fresheners around the house before the wife comes home from work might not come amiss!

3 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Well, if you eat a large portion Christmas eve you'll be sorted. No one will even notice on Christmas day. Mind you, the combination of microwave curry and remaining effects of the sprouts might not be good. A few air fresheners around the house before the wife comes home from work might not come amiss!

Avoidance of proximity to naked flames would be prudent too!!🤯💥

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

SPROUTS. Love 'em or hate 'em, there's no in-between. 

Sprouts with marmite, now there's a nation divider.

Comments on a postcard please, addressed to 

TIMBO,

Lala land

Somewhere up north of Watford   Po04 CQD

I actually quite like the sound of that. I'm a fan of both...

• Haha 1