Burgh Castle Moorings

Smoggy

BA moorings open and now nicely fendered,  elecy posts working and mine with £2.45 on it:default_icon_clap:

Kings head at belton no longer dog friendly (miserable gits), Queens head fine and carvery looks good.

Will try fishermans later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

BA moorings open and now nicely fendered,  elecy posts working and mine with £2.45 on it:default_icon_clap:

Kings head at belton no longer dog friendly (miserable gits), Queens head fine and carvery looks good.

Will try fishermans later.

:default_blink:  Would seem to me that the Kings Head need to get a life!  Friendly dogs welcomed in most pubs.  Lets hope they suffer from it in £'s!

29 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Walked into fishermans at 8.00pm to be told they had hust shut as it was dead all day.

Back in the queen's head.

1.4 miles from moorings to queen's head via Riverside and castle. 

That's a great shame, at one time it was always well frequented by local caravanners and some lovely grub was cooked for the customers by the governor's mum for a reasonable price and the real ale was excellent. Obviously that governor has gone, what a shame.

38 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Walked into fishermans at 8.00pm to be told they had hust shut as it was dead all day.

Back in the queen's head.

1.4 miles from moorings to queen's head via Riverside and castle. 

That sounds a bit daft. I wonder if they’ve tried opening in the evening instead?

• 2 weeks later...

Spot on Smoggy, been drinking and eating in dog friendly pub all over the country for years, I've seen many unruly kids, and very few misbehaving dogs 

When our kids were little we'd take colouring / puzzle books in the pub with us, if they kicked off we'd leave!

Dogs just tend to go to sleep under a table!

• Like 7

My little girl likes to inspect the floor for dropped bits and clear up to help the staff out, never before all plates have gone though, she is part of the cleaning crew at the ferryhouse.

I am talking about a dog btw not a shitling child.

I agree about dogs normally well behaved and snoozing under the table, although ones that bark and react when you go past their table are as bad as poorly behaved children ( normally kids just being kids, but not having been taught there’s a time and place for everything). 
When I was in the White Horse at Neatishead the other night, I’d forgotten the lead and Finlay still managed to stay sensible and he’s a springer spaniel!

• Like 6

On 11/06/2022 at 07:37, kpnut said:

I agree about dogs normally well behaved and snoozing under the table, although ones that bark and react when you go past their table are as bad as poorly behaved children ( normally kids just being kids, but not having been taught there’s a time and place for everything). 
When I was in the White Horse at Neatishead the other night, I’d forgotten the lead and Finlay still managed to stay sensible and he’s a springer spaniel!

For me it's all about being a responsible owner

We had a dog many years ago that was nightmare around other dogs, so we would never take him to pubs or places where he would potentially meet other dogs.

But I am extremely confident that our current and many previous dogs would be more than welcome in most homes, pubs or restaurants as they are gentle giants with an extremely loving temperament.

I personally have come across more obnoxious, smelly and vile humans than dogs so don't like pubs or other venues that ban dogs as I always ask would they ban humans if the odd one was a lowlife?

• Like 6

On 29/05/2022 at 20:25, Smoggy said:

That's how to make sure you don't have customers any day - Word gets round that the opening times can't be relied on and then no-one bothers going.

It staggers me how many businesses fail to get this very simple fact.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, oldgregg said:

That's how to make sure you don't have customers any day - Word gets round that the opening times can't be relied on and then no-one bothers going.

It staggers me how many businesses fail to get this very simple fact.

Can be very disappointing if you have decided not to cater for yourselves and a venue is closed.  Even I know it's not fair on Ole Marge when I say  you will have to go digging vegetables and trap some protein before you light the camp fire to cook our dinner on as the pub is shut.:default_gbxhmm:. Ooo Er maybe that didn't come out the way she would like to read it. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 4