Photo of a heron

Mouldy

Chugging up The Ant and spotted a heron fishing at Johnny Crowe’s Staithe. Grabbed my phone, as I didn’t have my camera ready and took a quick photo.  Shame about the background!

2D2E9355-D212-406E-BBFE-73FA5EF5BCB0.jpeg.8c1c3e5974014b5484f57b9a857ccb91.jpeg

Edited by grendel
swap photo to edited version
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

Professional photographers always consider the background when deciding on the composition of a shot, is the background more important than the subject ?

It was a grabbed shot - didn’t get time to think about the background. :default_coat:

4 hours ago, Hylander said:

Really!!   You now cannot take a snap of a whatever and if a boat is in the background we have to cover up its reg number.         

Yes! If you wish to read the Online Harms Bill in Full. 230 pages long

https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3137

the part you need is protecting peoples privacy.

This is what we are preparing for on the Forum

You may also wish to read the parts about who is liable for the fines if we don't comply.

33 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Declaration:-

Any forumites or the wider public can take photos or videos of ‘B.A’ with or without her name and reg numbers and publish the same when and wherever they like

Griff

Thank you Griff, faceache marketplace here we go, I feel a scam coming on.... :default_icon_twisted::default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hylander said:

Really!!   You now cannot take a snap of a whatever and if a boat is in the background we have to cover up its reg number.         

For clarity, No.

The number was requested to be hidden because of the context of the photo, followed by assumptions on if it was  tolled or not.

I'm confused :default_unsure: While I can understand the necessity for legislation to protect individuals from unwanted exposure etc, I cannot understand why general holiday photos/videos that show boats cruising or moored up on the Broads have to be "edited" to disguise their identity? I fully understand the reason behind not showing or giving out details when an accident occurs or other incidents that may warrant privacy, (unless it is already in the public domain where every person and their dog can access it) but if I have read FairTMiddlin's post correctly, then the holiday tales section and other sections will cease to have a purpose as far as photo/video content is concerned.

Please be assured I'm not trying to "stir" anything up, I'm just a little confused as to what exactly will be allowed/not allowed from this point onwards.

Chris 

• Like 4

From the Terms of service,

The NBN does not subscribe to 'naming and shaming'.  i.e. pictures or descriptions of accidents where either the boats or people are recognisable.

Details and photos of what a crew are wrongly doing or particular issues with a yard should not be reported here.  Reports to the concerned authorities are more appropriate.

So lets dispel this myth once and for all.

Photos of boats, with numbers shown, are not a problem, unless the breach the above.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2