Happy Christmas Eve

Hylander

I love Christmas Eve. The proper start of Christmas to me. 

Tony Blackburn still going strong. And I remember radio 2 being called the light programme. 

Merry Christmas to everyone here. Stay safe and warm and I hope everyone’s plans come together. :default_xmas6:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

This year for the first time since I was about 12.No cooking tomorrow  or Boxing  apart from some canapé.We are going out to lunch tomorrow with Alan and Dave,Boxing day with Nicola and Phil.

Wishing  you all a Merry Christmas and a happy New year 🎉 😊

Ian

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I love Christmas Eve too Jean although the children are older now and non believers in Santa, that's for little kids apparently :facepalm:I used to love getting them all worked up looking out of the window to get a glimpse of Santa on his sleigh, I used to jingle some little bells in another room, that soon got them into bed :default_biggrin: 

You and hubby have a good one Jean x

:default_xmas6:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I too love Christmas Eve. It has all the potential for the expectation of Christmas wrapped up in it. And for me Christmas starts with the first note of ‘Once in Royal’ at just after 3pm on the radio. I’m not religious, but that used to be my solo in the church choir as a child and I still get goosebumps when I hear a child sing it. 
Merry Christmas one and all and roll on another beautiful boating year. If starts on 1st January for me. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ExSurveyor said:

Happy Christmas to one and all.

Today we have 20 plus family for Christmas Eve lunch.

As I have finally tested negative today, I will be allowed to join in. 😷

I'm glad you're negative in time for Christmas. None of my business but in another thread you mentioned you are onboard until lunchtime on the 2nd. So 20 plus on your boat? I suppose you could fit a few on the Shetland? Just saying...:default_smiley-char054::default_coat:

Have a good one! :default_xmas6:

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Gracie said:

I love Christmas Eve too Jean although the children are older now and non believers in Santa, that's for little kids apparently :facepalm:I used to love getting them all worked up looking out of the window to get a glimpse of Santa on his sleigh, I used to jingle some little bells in another room, that soon got them into bed :default_biggrin: 

You and hubby have a good one Jean x

I never had my little bells jingled in another room while the kids were waiting for Santa .:default_rofl:

Festive Regards Marge and Parge 

• Haha 4

We're just about all set.  Got our German family visitors over staying and settled in.

Done all the running about errands, collecting stuff, dropping stuff off, last minute shopping.

Hovel ready in all respects, Food being prepared for the big day.

Even found time to take MrsG out for her first run in Zebedee - We got the nod of approval :default_icon_clap:

Prezzies under t tree, Purdey has been walked.

If anyone is out there is on their own this Christmas . . . . .

I'm a couple of dining chairs short - Can I borrow two? :default_icon_rolleyes:

Joking aside, we wish one and all a great day tomorrow and hope it goes just as you hope

Griff

:55c8f94983015_default_happyparty:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

Now behave yourself or I'll set Marge onto you :default_biggrin:

You both have a lovely Christmas x

Thanks (Those meany pesky mods won't let us put anymore reactions on today. Talk about Barhumbug and spirit of Christmas):default_xmas2::default_biggrin:

All we can say is thanks and you and all your family have a fantastic Christmas. 

Kindest Festive Regards Marge X and Parge 

(We love the pesky MODS really just couldn't tell them because we have used all our reactions up. It's understandable because as you get older the reactions diminish. )

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day are working days in our household. Madam Reverend has been at work this morning visiting the housebound. This afternoon she was doing things with sticks and oranges - Christingle. Back home for a few hours to eat, then out again for Midnight. Christmas Day it all kicks off again with two services at 8am and 11am.  By lunchtime we will be exhausted (and I don't even go her church activities) and then up early doors on Boxing Day for the drive south to Oulton Broad and our Christmas dinner on Broadland Grebe. Happy Christmas to everyone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

So Christmas Eve just got very stressful.  The family are all doing different parts of the Christmas lunch so we can all help mum who is determined to have it at her house tomorrow . All was going well. Pigs in blankets prepped, next lot of goodies about to go in then the oven died at 3.00pm.  A frantic search online, most ovens out of stock or can only be delivered not collected, then found one at Currys. Just managed to collect it in time before the store shuts at 5.pm. We thanked the lad who served us and said he may have just saved Christmas.  Interestingly we weren’t the only ones in the store also having a panic with appliances packing up on Christmas Eve. Graham is now installing it.  Please let it work! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3