Dogs On Boats,show Us Yours

mikeyboy1966

when my daughter was in her early 20s but still living at home. she decided she wanted to get another dog to fill the hole  left by the death of  Toby our beloved blue roan Cocker Spaniel the previous year. Another Spaniel was  going to have too much to live up to which wouldn't have been fair so she chose an English setter. His name was Raffles. A name he lived up to in that he was an impeccably bred thief! He was also as mad as a box of frogs and an absolute oaf into the bargain! At the same time a friend had acquired a chocolate coloured  Doberman Bitch puppy called Elsie who was as  big a lunatic as was Raffles. She and I used to take these two loveable rogues for long rambling walks in the coluntryside every afternoon staying out for hours with them in the vain  hope that perhaps  they may be so tired by evening we may get a couple of hours of peace, to enjoy a quiet glass of wine or even maybe  watch a  favourite tv programme. It rarely happened. Elsie grew up to be a disciplined well trained dog who fitted in  well on the farm that was her home. Raffles - was  exactly the same until he died aged 14.

Carole

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Cal said:

Note to self.

Don't let a majority white dog run around in a field full of dandelion again 🤣🤣🤣

20230501_112620.thumb.jpg.61433b87722c8dad5740924f65c416fa.jpg

20230501_112713(0).thumb.jpg.3ebf6a34e1a200cc0c8fa7ff9fca1f22.jpg

20230501_114707.thumb.jpg.9ad0991224f3184e034bebddf7f855aa.jpg

Try bullrushes when they are laden with pollen, the dog will come back fluorescent green, I found this out years ago riding a dirt bike around a gravel works when I ended up looking like I'd escaped from area 51.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Try bullrushes when they are laden with pollen, the dog will come back fluorescent green, I found this out years ago riding a dirt bike around a gravel works when I ended up looking like I'd escaped from area 51.

He topped it off with some green by rolling around on the freshly cut lawn at home when we got back :default_rolleyes:

We only had him at the groomers on Saturday :default_laugh:

22 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi well this going to be a Dogie show at the Spring meet that should do an obedience test and what ever else they can do? What do they think of that? 

Hi Andrew  we think that all the dogs will be fine and pass an obedience test but the skippers and crews will probably struggle :default_biggrin:.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, FlyingFortress said:

Was going to say just as well we are not attending as the Hooligan will be the dunce of the class 😭

Not sure of our two either. They’ll have to behave though as they’ll be Findlay’s guests (Springers retreat). Maybe I should rephrase that to…I hope they behave! 

7 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Not sure of our two either. They’ll have to behave though as they’ll be Findlay’s guests (Springers retreat). Maybe I should rephrase that to…I hope they behave! 

Wouldn’t worry. Finlay won’t notice whatever. He’ll be off doing his own thing. 😁

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Wouldn’t worry. Finlay won’t notice whatever. He’ll be off doing his own thing. 😁

He completely ignores Desmond much to Desmond’s surprise. Finlay is such a wonderful therapy dog for dogs that are fearful of other hounds. 

• Like 2