Broads Tours New Day Boat?

jeffbroadslover

Funny old day, four days ago actually, daughter rang, mum, dad, you have had a rough couple of months with respiratory issues and then Covid. How about half a day, on the river Yare, on a day boat. With us and the grandchildren. Our treat.

We were so pleased, so appreciative of there kindness.

The boat, an electric jobby was superb. I had to be helped in by my grandchildren, it was just a few years ago I helped them!

Our trial run driver stated that he would help us leave the mooring. As it was difficult.Β  Β I sat at the back.

He had issues, not insurmountable, he was unable to extract the boat from the mooring.

I have spent many years teaching people how to drive, manoeuvre boats, and I knew how to resolve the situation, but decided not too. I did not wish to embarrass the young chap. Thankfully an older colleague yelled instructions and then sprinted over to offer more advice.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

Thanks for the info.Β  Β  I had not realized that Broads Tours had spent cash on new electric boats but am sorry to say I will not be trying one at those prices .

I did not know that they tried to get the boat paid for in the first month of hiring !!!!

JeffΒ  Β Β 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wussername said:

Funny old day, four days ago actually, daughter rang, mum, dad, you have had a rough couple of months with respiratory issues and then Covid. How about half a day, on the river Yare, on a day boat. With us and the grandchildren. Our treat.

We were so pleased, so appreciative of there kindness.

The boat, an electric jobby was superb. I had to be helped in by my grandchildren, it was just a few years ago I helped them!

Our trial run driver stated that he would help us leave the mooring. As it was difficult.Β  Β I sat at the back.

Β 

I have spent many years teaching people how to drive, manoeuvre boats, and I knew how to resolve the situation, but decided not too. I did not wish to embarrass the young chap. Thankfully an older colleague yelled instructions and then sprinted over to offer more advice.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

You should have done. The young chap would have probably learned a lot from you, bless your heart x

I just went to book the electric dayboat above for the whole day on 27th June for 12 people. Β£210 minus 10% advance booking Β£189.

I could have the ageing day narrowboat from Market Harborough for the day which would get us to Foxton and back, for 12 people: Β£180.Β 

The main difference is that MH is virtually on our doorstep.

19 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I'm missing something here.Β  Less than Β£270 per day seems pretty cheap to me for what you get.

It's at the upper end for dayboats from Wroxham, but you do get a decent boat by the looks of it.

I hired a traditional dayboat from Ricko's a few weeks back and it was Β£130 for most of the day. I wouldn't have paid double that really given that it was just my dad and I aboard, but if there was a group of perhaps 8 then it's not so bad.

It's not a bad looking boat actually, kind of a larger take on the Loynes launch. I guess that's not surprising. Not sure what it looks like in three-quarter view (which is how you're supposed to photograph boats really) so fingers crossed.

I do wish the guy who did the antifouling and the guy who did the lower rubbing strake had communicated, though. It looks a bit awkward, currently.