Signed In Or Logged Out?

Has anyone else noticed that they’re being asked to accept something almost every time they come to the site? Seems to have been happening over the last couple of days. And this morning the site can’t seem to decide whether I’m logged in or signed out. One minute I’ve got one view, the next it’s asking me to sign in but if I reload the page without doing anything I’m back as I was. Not a major problem just a minor irritation but I wondered whether anyone else had seen this. 

• Like 6

Me too. I notice I am no longer warned that my password needs changing.

Normally I find I have no need to sign on again when I return to the site, unless I have just cleared the "history" on my computer.

I have never known whether I have to "log off" when I leave the site and usually don't bother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, me too!  And, I can’t sign in on my phone, just on my tablet.  Trying to sign in on my phone results in a loop of clicking to sign in, ticking to accept the terms and returning to the original screen!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Yep, me too!  And, I can’t sign in on my phone, just on my tablet.  Trying to sign in on my phone results in a loop of clicking to sign in, ticking to accept the terms and returning to the original screen!

It appears that when it’s reporting you as being logged out you’re actually logged in.

Given the notification that went out with the update (and the wording), it has ‘junior developer’ written all over it.

• Thanks 1

It’s a bit more of a pain than I first thought because it’s not showing unread items correctly now. I also got a random message notification earlier as well for something from a long time ago. 

Its just come up again as logged put but i just used the back arrow key on my ipad and it shows me as logged in and able to view latest post section without having to press accept and sign in

46 minutes ago, SwanR said:

It’s a bit more of a pain than I first thought because it’s not showing unread items correctly now. I also got a random message notification earlier as well for something from a long time ago. 

And me!

• Thanks 1

“Its just come up again as logged put but i just used the back arrow key on my ipad and it shows me as logged in and able to view latest post section without having to press accept and sign in”

ignore that, I cant view latest posts at all now

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Lulu said:

“Its just come up again as logged put but i just used the back arrow key on my ipad and it shows me as logged in and able to view latest post section without having to press accept and sign in”

ignore that, I cant view latest posts at all now

Sorry Sam.  Had to laugh.  What’s that old expression - ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!’

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Sorry Sam.  Had to laugh.  What’s that old expression - ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!’

I bet if we didn't apply an update and your passwords etc got compromised you'd be asking why we didn't apply the updates....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldgregg said:

I bet if we didn't apply an update and your passwords etc got compromised you'd be asking why we didn't apply the updates....

Get that, but fixing one issue and creating another isn’t helpful to anyone.  Do they not test the updates before releasing them, or is that the end user’s responsibility?

They should do, yeah. Unfortunately I think time pressures etc unfortunately tend to dictate release schedules.

I would expect an update within the next few days that'll solve this bug and others.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest clearing your browser cache just to rule out any issues there.