Footpaths Around The Broads Need Cutting

DaveRolaves

I’ve heard back from Norfolk county council about the Upton marshes/fleet dyke/opposite st Benets path. Someone got there before me and reported it and it’s in hand. I’ll look later this week. 

For whatever else I think about no mow may, one thing’s for sure. There’s enough long grass on the marshes etc without needing a tiny bit more for wildlife right on the footpath but a real setback for humans. I’m very much for making space for wildlife but within the realms of what is needed and what is practical. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, grendel said:

I did notice a tractor presumably cutting the footpath alongside the bure down from beccles, they had made it to about halfway to the worlingham moorings when I spotted their random orange flashing light on the bank.

I'm hoping you were on the waveney by then or has the bure been extended?

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Does anyone know if the path between Rockland Short Dyke and the Staithe is OK?

I didn’t check at the weekend, but I did report the matter to the Parish Council, who called me last week to say that it had been escalated to Norfolk County Council.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1