Norfolk Broads Forum

Bluebell

Well obviously something is just not as it should be.   Without your health you have nothing is the saying and it is so true.  Let us hope and pray that Richard improves and can sort this out.   It does seem such a shame that a wealth of information from over the years could be lost.

• Like 4

This was one of the reasons we went over to a committee running this forum, committee members have changed and the forum keeps on going. when everything is all on the shoulders of a single person, then indeed as we can see here, health issues and other issues can cause problems, and the forum then goes down. hopefully the Owner will soon be back to full health and get the issues resolved to get the forum back online.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If I fall off my perch tomorrow the forum is set up in such a way that someone else can be press ganged into taking on overall responsibility. Admin authority is held by a number of the team to avoid any succession problems.

The forum is also on a sound financial footing thanks to hard work by the team over the last few years.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

One of the things I will miss is the Tides information link.    I am not sure where this was linked to but if anyone can tell me so that I can still look at this it will be a great help.   I like it because it showed places and times of the tides , rather than a complicated list of tide times, which to the layman means nowt.    

• Like 2

I have to say I am so grateful for this forum and all the work the team put into it to keep it running and a safe place to be. It's especially precious for members to keep up with what's going on in Broadland for those that can't be there as much as they would like to be

Like most members I just log on and read, type a few posts and that's it, without a thought as to what goes on behind the scenes

Thank you so much x

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Hylander said:

I have just used it , am using Chrome if that helps.  Saying that it did start to say that the link was unsafe but I have Norton and everything that breaths is unsafe but as have used this site for many many years I just ploughed on.

Hmmm, I'm using Chrome too but I have the Kaspersky AV, which like Norton tends to throw up the "untrustworthy site" warnings. However, even telling Kaspersky to continue etc, I still get that darn error code :default_icon_evil:.

Chris

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, CeePee1952 said:

Hmmm, I'm using Chrome too but I have the Kaspersky AV, which like Norton tends to throw up the "untrustworthy site" warnings. However, even telling Kaspersky to continue etc, I still get that darn error code :default_icon_evil:.

Chris

Well, now I'm a little bewildered!! Just tried to access that link through this forums app on my smartphone and it worked!! I'm guessing that I've got something on this PC that I need to tweak :default_blink: oh well 0nwards and upwards ha ha :default_biggrin:

Chris

• Like 3

On 22/11/2023 at 10:09, Hylander said:

Well obviously something is just not as it should be.   Without your health you have nothing is the saying and it is so true.  Let us hope and pray that Richard improves and can sort this out.   It does seem such a shame that a wealth of information from over the years could be lost.

The site has been down for some considerable time. 

I have had my differences with them over the years. In particular one or two of the moderators. 

Who seem sadly lacking with regard to the issues regarding this particular  forum.

Richard made an enormous contribution with regard to the introduction of the first meaningful forum with regard to the Norfolk Broads. l

There were differences, difficulties, not insurmountable, but able to be recognised. To be resolved.  However such was the intensity of these issues perhaps, forgiven, forgotten.

Who am I to judge. 

Richard. I know. I have trod the path. Done the journey. Many of us have. Many before us have yet to  experience  and will take comfort from the majority of those who like yourself will have overcome all adversity.

Respect, and good wishes from the other side.   

• Like 3
  • Love 2