Balmy

NorfolkNog

37 minutes ago, Meantime said:

You jumping on the train to Beccles or staying in Oulton? You could do worse than give the bar at Broadland Marina a try. 

Thanks for the heads up, aiming for Beccles initially but will wander over if we get chance 

Do they sell any beer? 

Oh I understand how easy and quick Faceache is, but if other places can put a menu on their website and change it regularly, then surely others can? Depends how keen you are on getting the business I suppose but there again you never know how many look for your website and not finding it, go elsewhere. If you cannot be bothered to do it as others do, then you will never know what you are missing I suppose!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Thanks for the heads up, aiming for Beccles initially but will wander over if we get chance 

Do they sell any beer? 

It's now run by Moss and Co. I think there is three hand pumps with a staple of Greene King IPA and two others on rotation. They have about 6 or 7 other pubs so tend to have a fair selection of guest ales.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, marshman said:

What is it with people like Ferry who think that the whole world is on Faceache? 

Even pubs are now dong this - the Stag in Salhouse doesn't have a website either. Whilst I appreciate that its an easy option, IMHO if you cannot be bothered to have a proper website, then you are only half a business. Quite a few people do not "do" Faceache and as a result you must be missing an opportunity? Surely I am not the only one to think like this?

Or am I just too old and grumpy??:default_sad:

(Sorry - thread drift!!! )

I'm with you Marshman. Its sad how its gone of late with all this Facestuff rubbish. I am sure there is a place for it if thats what floats your boat, but as you say missing out on opportunities for those who do not want to join.

For the record, I did join a while back, got so fed up with all the junk etc getting sent, I soon left. (well I say soon, it is a real pain to get out of it) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Do they allow dogs in the caxton club and what's the secret to being a non member? We always make the walk to butchers arms when in beccles, a proper pub.

The Butchers is an excellent pub, as is the Ingate 

Sadly dogs not allowed in the Caxton Club, not sure why. We are CAMRA members so get in on that pretext but they may well let you in if you ask nicely :default_beerchug:

• Thanks 1