Sabre 28 - Cruiser - Project

JawsOrca

She just passed her BSS exam (albeit second time).. :clap  :party:  :clap

:party1:  rofl  :taunt:

We still failed on the lower ventilation calculation but only by 1000 thingies and we can fix that by increasing one vent size which we will do at some point .. although we are way above on the upper calculation (and the doors/hatches will be open when we are aboard so I'm not concerned at all .. :dunce:

Next stop float test on saturday! 

:wasted:

• Like 6

Thanks guys.. Not sure silver was the word.. to get to BSC standard has cost a fortune has been a lot more work than I expected.  Even our surveyor has been surprised how fidderly things got but at least it's sorted.. Need to work out to fill in this BA toll registration.. need a degree in maths!!

cheers

• Like 1

YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! As I shout with delight! Well done young Alan n Dave. Now hurry up and get Orca up to Norfolk for your admiring fans!

Now then, where can I buy those PINK Fenders! :naughty: Congratulations Alan, get Gracie to do the Maths, she is good at buying shoes, a Toll should be a dawdle to her! :dance  Well lets face it, you do pay your Toll by the FOOT! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 3

Thanks Chaps :) we are very relieved :)

I just measured the boat and did the maths (My head hurts).. £272.08 for a years tax..thats alot! Compared to medway ports here at £55 a year!! (and we get the dinghies for free!)..Daves over there working on the sterndrive to get it ready for the weekend :)

No Pink fenders Iain.. Mum will probably nick them if anyone puts them on too (hopefully!).

cheers

Yay she passed, well done guys :clap  :dance  :party:

AN ODE TO ORCA

Orca Has passed her BSC

How triumphant and proud Alan and Dave must be

The loving, tender care they gave

Now's the time for the River and a Rave

Off to the Broads they go

Beautiful Orca they have to show

Forumites will be in awe

Of the derelict Boat that they once saw

Wherever on the Broads they be

Hope they don't forget to invite lil ol me

We could fish and chat, maybe a Wherry or three

But not too many, wouldn't want to see Orca up a tree

Grace :kiss

• Like 5

cheers Steve.. 5 weeks hopefully. I've not heard back from the marina office after calling them last week but I've emailed them.. are they a bit slow? 

Aww Grace thats lovely! Thank you  :kiss you are very talented to come up with that and we are very touched :) The invite is always there just dont be too disappointed when you see her in the flesh :)  :kiss  cheers

• Like 1

Alan,

Please remember things work at a totaly different speed in Norfolk and Suffolk, and FAST aint one of them! Dead slow and and slower more like! :naughty: 

When you require to refuel Orca, allow half a day for tea breaks and such like, but it will be done! I know, i've sampled the electrifying speeds in the past.

cheers Iain

• Like 1

You definitely have the mooring Alan. I spoke to Mark on Monday. You have a birth on the centre pontoon.

The office is a little slow, we haven't yet got our bill for next season but rest assured it will be here soon, after all they want their money ;)

Ours is going back in at the end of the month. Got the next 2 weeks off to get up there and finish everything in time.

• Like 1

Cool thanks Steve, Thanks for talking to Mark! That's good news though:) The centre pontoon is the one with the security gate ? :) so the boat will be nice and secure!!

Have a god two weeks up there! the weather looks like it's going to be good post some pics up here though to let us all know how you get on!

cheersbar

• Like 1

I just registered the boat with the BA and being cheeky I asked for a nice registration number.. We came out with 234Y which isn't bad :) I asked for A1 but he said no chance! (I think one of the patrol boats are this anyway). 

• Like 4

Hi Alan,

Looking good!!!

Broads here you come, get that transport ordered up, who are you using to transport you to he Broads? some idea on costs may be of use to some of the forum members and the distance of the transportation involved.

Could this be a job for Jon?

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys, we can't explain how erm relieved we are..!! we really wasn't sure but as you can see (if you look closely) the boat is much higher out the water than we expected but thats an easy fix as it just needs so ballast (and our houseboat is over ballasted so perfect!!)... But Eric.. it's a deal if you want lol although I think you will quickly miss the warmth of the middle east!!

Dave just needs to connect the leg up to the engine and we need to make sure it works so we should do that tomorrow, then I can start talking to haulage companies. I want it moved over easter though! (but we having a weekend up there in a couple of weeks to take a look around the marina) but I'm happy to wait for a return load and get a discount! I will drop Jon a call (although we need a Hiab lorry :( )

I'll put some more pictures up a bit later but I need to go rest as its all manual work; Hand winches and the hoist has to be de geared.. geez its hard work and my body really aches! Thank goodness we never need to use that hoist again!! 

:party1:

• Like 3