Sabre 28 - Cruiser - Project

JawsOrca

Lol Iain.. I'm never putting pink fenders on and if I ever find any on there this forums to blame!

cheers Mark.. your panels there look very smart , I've tried to do larger panels to help get away with the cutting errors :shocked ! but I love the look of yours :bow if only I had more guts!! Thanks for your comments too means a lot from a pro!  cheersbar

Lol Iain.. I'm never putting pink fenders on and if I ever find any on there this forums to blame!

cheers Mark.. your panels there look very smart , I've tried to do larger panels to help get away with the cutting errors :shocked ! but I love the look of yours :bow if only I had more guts!! Thanks for your comments too means a lot from a pro!  cheersbar

Alan, narrower panels are easier IMHO.

• Like 1

Hi Alan,

Karen and i are back up in Kent the weekend befor Christmas, so if you`re about, we`ll come and say hello again?.  Hopefully, your mum and dad will be there this time/

As for the boat, ................. I can`t add anything more to what`s already been said.

Simply stunning.

Hi Neil, 

Thanks for the comments :) We should certainly be around that week although drop me a message the day before just to make sure we don't need to run out and grab parts or anything and will be about. My folks don't really come and visit that much as they live a few miles away and it's a bit of a trek plus that close to christmas I'm sure they will be out shopping for my pressies! They do spend a lot of time on the broads though so I'm sure you will catch them soon! 

I'm sure the boat would look very different from when you last saw it and hope you will be impressed with the current finish! although it's still a long way off so don't look too closely ;)

cheers

• Like 1

This weekend we are tackling the interior sides of the wheelhouse, We are using utile (Mahogany)  faced boards, unfortunately our local timber merchants couldn't supply so I have to order from Robbins timber in Bristol (for twice the price of the oak boards?!). Thankfully they arrived yesterday in the back of a van but thankfully all in one piece.  They aren't bad cuts either... A nice "c" cut to the veneer so lots of character.

I was hoping to get them all cut today but the shapes are a right pain and not straight forward although we done both sides today leaving just the windscreen tomorrow..but they will need varnishing, backs epoxied and installing. I put a thick covering of varnish on the boards we done today before leaving it this evening and they do look very nice.. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow! Once these are in the wheelhouse the dashboard can be fitted and we can get the remaining electrics all completed.

• Like 4

Hi Alan,

Karen and i are back up in Kent the weekend befor Christmas, so if you`re about, we`ll come and say hello again?.  Hopefully, your mum and dad will be there this time/

As for the boat, ................. I can`t add anything more to what`s already been said.

Simply stunning.

Hello Neil, yes please let Alan know when you and Karen will be down Alan's way and we will love to meet you at Alan's  :wave .

Regards

Marina    :Stinky

• Like 2

Today was a bit annoying. The rain was just nasty so trying to neat, tidy, fiddly timber work around windows wasn't the best idea.. as the rain came down we noticed a few leaks :( annoyingly two on the front cabin windows but theres not much we can do until the rain stops.. it should cause any damage though but it's certainly not ideal.. the windows in the wheelhouse were also condensating but we got most of the timbers cut and finished.. it's just a bit cold and damp to varnish really so they have been taken down and will be done in the week or weekend. 

Next weekend though we are taking off!! and spending three long days in norfolk.. the idea is to have a drive around some of the marinas and try to find a mooring for next year (and relax!)... so no blog next week!

Pictures attached (as off this morning, we just did the more fiddly trimming around the windows today).

post-28066-0-01060900-1416770350_thumb.j

post-28066-0-30039400-1416770359_thumb.j

post-28066-0-24487700-1416770367_thumb.j

post-28066-0-80670400-1416770382_thumb.j

post-28066-0-66868700-1416770388_thumb.j

post-28066-0-76196100-1416770394_thumb.j

• Like 5

Hello dear Son, the pictures look great and oh dear the rain will find it's way through the smallest hole and don't we know that  :cry  . 

So your way back next weekend it will be under the new Dart Charge, which of course you are ok for crossing the bridge  :love .

I could do with a couple bottles of Wherry, please  :bow  :bow .

Have a great time next weekend and don't forget to relax  cheersbar .

Regards

Marina  (Mum)  :love    :Stinky

• Like 3

On no it won't Iain, I absolutely demand photos of next weekend Alan :naughty: Seriously though, thanks also from me for the boat pics, must be disappointing finding the leaks, I am sure you and Dave will have it sorted in no time

Have a lovely weekend next week, hope you find a suitable mooring

Grace :kiss

ps DON'T forget the photos

• Like 2

Thanks guys.. certainly looking forward to a weekend away.. it's the first since july! It's a big pain that it's leaking although it has chucked it down all day.. so much so that the yard is flooded and a mud bath.. We can easily fix it.. in a way at least it's leaking now and not when it's in norfolk.. although we are getting covers put on the front windows soon anyway so that should reduce the chances of this later.. But we will run round and tighten the screws or replace if they aren't catching then creeping crack fill.. 

Mum.. I just drive over the bridge? Does dad want anything?? x

• Like 1

I know that leaking feeling, still trying to find the last few dribbles in the conservatory I put up over the summer, as of now we just have damp patches, not puddles, and only when it rains as hard and constant as it has all weekend. (south kent here). I hope you get them all sorted soon.

Grendel

• Like 1

Allan,

Why not carry on up the A2 and go through the Blackwall tunnell. It does`nt cost anything, and will take you straight onto the M11?. Then it`s M11 / A11 all the way to Norwich.

Regarding marinas etc, i did hear that Cove marina in Brundall have some moorings available, and are reasonably priced too.

• Like 1

Thanks Grendel :) I hope you manage to that conservatory fixed soon too :)

Thanks David.. I am so looking forward to the weekend off! and it is certainly needed!

Hi Neil.. Blackwall is in london though and I can't drive to london.. I get a rash! It's bad enough going to dartford! I think mum has put me on her dart tag so she's paying lol (Not sure shes thought this out considering next year we will be up most weekends!!).  Thanks for the tip on cove marina.. mum and dad are trying to get in there though so we are looking at stalham!!! although I do think cove is on my list to take a look at.. (I think I have about 10 on the list :) )

Without fail I have always found Blackwall to be slower than queuing at the tunnel, its the congestion on the roads leading to it, even at 6am it is slow. Dont forget to check that your registration is registered for the new charge as it changes after Saturday night next weekend.

Grendel

Hi Alan,

Unless you are stuck with idea of the chaotic north, I would recommend Cove, friendly people, quiet location, diesel/pump out plenty of parking etc. Very handy for Wards also when you've been to Wards for that £1 fuse, you can console yourself in the Yare for buying that bit of kit, that you didn't need, didn't know existed but will look great on the boat for £100.

David is not usually around on Sundays but someone else will be there to help.

paul

ps. if you go have a look at Fenland Voyager and see if it needs anti-fouling, please.

pps. If you fancy practising anti-fouling I can supply the boat!!!

Hi Mark, I think Brundall Gardens is on the list although I was a bit put off by first contact with them and the mooring seemed reasonable value.. but there was a lot of addons.. although it's on the list to take a look at :)

Same here Grendal.. blackwall is last resort! I've not been through for years though.. I'm sure my mum has added my car to her dart account :)

Hi Paul! The problem with cove is that my parents are looking at moving over there so I don't want to steal the only spare spot.. (Plus the quietness will soon go when mum turns up! (She can't read smaller text..!)  It's on the list to look at though.. I think we would prefer the north up by stalham as we hope to get lots of weekends so the north would be perfect (I'm also worried about flooding and would prefer the boat to be in fresh water) But I think it will be a case of "Beggers can't be choosers" so for the first year or so we will just be happy in Norfolk/suffolk! 

I'll try and take a look at your antifoul for you.. although I guess I'd only see the waterline so it wouldn't be a fair look (as that fouls up quicker)... I've seen and heard some good deals on haul out and antifoul in norfolk though.. I'm sure someone said around the £400 mark for a 32footer which isn't bad considering the pain! (Russell Marine. S.walsham I think it was).

• Like 1

Lol OK Paul.. I'll have a good look.. I think the weather for the weekend will be so wet and windy it wont be the ideal weather for antifouling (Hopefully lol).. I really think you need to teach my parent how to do it though. That way i'll get more inheritance instead of them wasting it on getting poor Graham (maffetts ) to do it!  

Thanks for the heads up on Cove though.. It's certainly on the list..

Hello Paul, yes we are on the waiting list for Cove Marina. I spoke to Dave last month and we agreed to speak again in January, but because of her size we need a moorings as you also said on the other side.

Yes Alan, you are on my Dart Account, so coming back on Sunday is all ok for you. Also remember Alan dear, CaptMatt / Paul that  we are old neighbours from Eastwood  :naughty: .

Alan have a great weekend.

Regards

Marina :Stinky  

• Like 1