fuel prices

unclemike

Even better than that JM,

I go on a football site (punishment for supporting Gillingham) and one of the teams in our league is Scun Thorpe, notice the space because if you spell it correctly it stars the name out, now you would think a forum for league one football could make a special rule for one of it's own teams.

I used to work with an American who's name was Richard but he and everyone else referred to him as Dick - not a problem there.

But his surname was Seamen and being American he couldn't understand the childish smirks he got.

These are all true by the way (you cant make it up)  - Same company I worked with a Danish guy called Bent (pronounced as it is written unlike the Swedish Bengt). He walked up to one of our senior managers and his wife at a company party and introduced himself as such - "Hi, I'm Bent". Got a strange look for some reason.

Last one - girl in class at school, register was always initial, surname. Her name was Paulette Nuss. You can work it out.

Wonder if any of this gets through the censor?

a work colleague took his wifes surname when he married, his surname used to be Hore (like the frost) but for some reason his wife would not take his surname when they married.

Grendel

A previous Lady Somerleyton was quite proud of the fact that she was a Hore before she married his Lordship!

• 5 months later...