Quiet and Peaceful 2

NorfolkNog

The video was in response to the previous 2 posts in the thread, firstly Howard's mention of an ale called 'Christmas Crack' and the reply "bah humbug" in the next post - usually associated with 'scrooges', 'grinches' and others with a negative view of Christmas.  I'm sorry if the joke/link was too subtle for you.

Well the Ferry house didn,t look like that sat lunch /afternoon/night.......there was a 6foot cracker jumping about!! and loads of very tipsy ladies should we say of a certain age, and many bearded old sailing types, i believe it was the "Turkey" run, for the yare saling club, we had a great meal and were made very welcome by sonia and team,  :wave

• Like 2

The video was in response to the previous 2 posts in the thread, firstly Howard's mention of an ale called 'Christmas Crack' and the reply "bah humbug" in the next post - usually associated with 'scrooges', 'grinches' and others with a negative view of Christmas.  I'm sorry if the joke/link was too subtle for you.

I understood the quip Bobdog, and thought it funny.

But as you can see my response to Howards fred    

:mrgreen:   (this is the envious, mr. green smiley)

Bah humbug (is my christmas jokey avatar)

and then saying I am not jealous with the  :liar  (nose growing lying pinochio smiley)

I hope that I have explained my reply ( as it was subtle)  :naughty:

ps...please note the  :naughty:  (naughty ) smiley above, this means I am only having fun....

pps..... MERRY CHRISTMAS

PPPS...... BAH HUMBUG

:Stinky 

• Like 1

I understood the quip Bobdog, and thought it funny.

But as you can see my response to Howards fred    

:mrgreen:   (this is the envious, mr. green smiley)

Bah humbug (is my christmas jokey avatar)

and then saying I am not jealous with the  :liar  (nose growing lying pinochio smiley)

I hope that I have explained my reply ( as it was subtle)  :naughty:

ps...please note the  :naughty:  (naughty ) smiley above, this means I am only having fun....

pps..... MERRY CHRISTMAS

PPPS...... BAH HUMBUG

:Stinky 

I take it Geoff you CANNY WAIT for Easter to come round! :naughty:  :naughty:

cheers Iain.

Geoff, I don't doubt you understood me, and I know your response to Howard was 'tongue in cheek'. lol: 

It was Labrador who said he didn't understand why I had posted the video, and whom I sought to explain the joke to ... oh thank goodness Christmas comes but once a year - nothing but misunderstandings of good intentions.  xmas3

As my local butcher in Sheringham says - "I bloody hate Christmas - too much hard work"  xmas2

• Like 1

I am reminded of the "Hitch Hikers guide to the Galaxy" where they talk about a word that is SO offensive it is illegal to use it anywhere in the Universe, except on one small planet where they don't know what it means.

I rather enjoy Fascinating Aida and I am well aware they go close to the line very often so whilst I admit I was expecting to hear one word, I was rather, no, very, surprised to hear another.

On this one, I'm with you Hylander.

You are right Gracie about the kiddies picking up on it.     Can you just picture the scene, all sitting around the Christmas table, with all the maiden Aunts etc and a little 4 year old mimmics the words.      

On a lesser scale,  many moons ago when my ex - sister in law was about 4,  we were all sat around a very large Christmas table when she blurted out a song about an old gals knickers and fish,  I wont go into details.    You couldnt laugh and my ex Mother-in-law oicked her from the table pdq before she went into the next verse.  

We did chuckle later when she was not in ear shot and my Mother in law ( not amused at all)    never did find out where she had heard such a song.

• Like 1

Reminds me of my brothers little girl (4) in the garden last summer she fell over and blurted out "Oh "F.... k it that hurt", when asked by her mummy where she heard it from she answered "daddy said it in the garage when he hurt his finger" needless to say my brother was well in the dog house Lol. Have to be honest we did try very hard not to laugh though.

Grace

• Like 1

Bad Bob.

Good job you didn't post the "alternative" version of jungle Bell Rock. :twisted:  :twisted:

Feel free to Google it if you haven't heard it. It's definitely not post-able :bow  :bow

Mind you my 16yo niece played us a few "tunes" earlier in the year and even I was shocked at the language. :norty:  What was worse was her 13yo sister had already heard them!!

Happy Christmas xmas2

• Like 1

As you had probably worked out my dear little sister in law aged 4 was a very very late baby.       

I did chuckle at your post Gracie.      Kiddies are like little parrots at times and usually at the most inappropriate time,   just to embarrass everyone totally.

I do hope this section is now in members only.

• Like 1