A11 has opened today with the dual carriageway at Thetford

SweetKingfisher1

Now there's an interesting point - Fuel stops en-route that aren't silly prices.

Yeah not actually a bad route, but can you imagine if it was all dualled  :dance  :dance

Luckily with my new car I will not require to top up till I go to Sainsburys in Kings Lynn which is barely a mile from the Premier Inn. Fuel is cheap there. I could not believe the prices for fuel at Wetherby Services, eye watering they were.

cheers Iain.

Eric, that's not helping  two guns

I dont think this road will bother me too much, I do the A140 now (I used to do the A146 (lowestoft one?!), but generally try to leave at 7.30am to get to norfolk for about 9.30am thus missing the traffic (although the "30mph'ers in a 50" wake earlier too) on the way home it generally takes all day as the last think I wanna do is rush home.. We have started stopping at pinmill as a break too for that last taste of "Anglia".

I am a tad worried though what effect this will have on the hireboaters, what with Clives TV adverts too.. It better not get too busy again?!

• Like 2

Eric,

Your being ripped off!

It was a few years ago when I was out there, but I am sure when our driver refueled the car it was about 2p a litre  - at those prices I would be happy. :party:  :party:

This was from a year ago, but 60p for a tank of juice sounds fine to me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/10617632/Venezuelans-fume-as-government-signals-end-to-free-petrol.html

• Like 4

Another good thing about the A12/A14/A140 route is that if, on the return journey, there is a problem on the eastbound M25 or at the junction between the A12 and said Motorway, you can get off the A12 at Junction 17, take the A130 East and then join the M25 via the A13, which brings you out very close to the Dartford Bridge. This alternative route has stood us in good stead on many occasions.  

One of the factors that, for me, counts against the M11 is that I don't know any alternative routes, should the motorway be congested or blocked. Can anyone out there enlighten me?

cheers

Steve

• Like 1