lost out on strictly

Chelsea14Ian

This year I applied for tickets to see strictly,sadly no luck.Still i think Caroline will win now that Pixie Lott has been knocked out.Never mind will try again next year.Keep dancing.

PS we went to see the Hobbit instead,a very good replacement for Strictly,try and catch it if you can

Ian :party1:  :party2:

Hi Ian,

Karen used to teach ballroom dancing, so watches Strictly religiously. I`m not that bothered about it, so don`t watch it. I also think the voting system is wrong, so again i won`t watch it. 

However, Karen and i have bought tickets to see "Anton and Erins Steppin Out" show at the Bournemouth Pavillion in February.

I always find it much better to watch things like that, as they`re shows, and not iffy "phone in" competitions.

The tickets were bl00dy expensive though, £47 each, whereas last month, we saw "The Stylistics" who were supported by "Real Thing", and the tickets were only £27 each.

I have to say, it was one of the best, if not THE best evenings entertainment i`ve ever been to. Both Real thing, who were the warm up act, and the Stylistics were as excellent as ever, so thought it excellent value for the money.

I must admit though, i first thought the Real Thing were good enough to be a headline act themselves, and was concerned the Stylistics may have been a let down afterwards. However, we were definitely NOT disapponted. Both bands were as good as ever, so considering the show was only £27 a ticket, and for over 2 1/2 hours music, it was brilliant.

I did hear a couple of years back, that many of the publics tickets were cancelled so lots of so called celebrities could be in the audiance. Typical of the BBC really.

I wish you luck in getting tickets for next year though.

I don't follow 'Strictly' closely (ok hardly at all) but I have to say I disagreed with the judges!!

I suppose that's normal.

For my mind the couple who did the Foxtrot as their second dance were worthy of 4 tens rather than the couple who got them.

At least the Foxtrot was recognizable as one.

Caroline was born and lived just across The Street from us, here in Gt Hockham... a Good ol' Norfolk Lass!   :clap :clap :clap

Well, she IS favourite to win John, and Karen`s been rooting for her all along.

The fact she comes from Gt Hockam does`nt come into it :liar :liar..

Actually, i think that has everything to do with it. A good Norfolk Lass, c`mon Caroline. :party: :party: :trophy :trophy .

Tan likes Strictly so we watch that, yes the scoring leaves a lot to be desired and seems to be a con and a presenter who still can not dance is after all of these years tends to go against the grain somewhat.

Regards

Alan

One of the biggest problems with ALL of these shows is the way the do the voting.

I`ve always said to make it competatively fair, when the judges give their marks, the highest couple cannot be in the vote, whereas the lowest is automatically in the dance off.

Every year, there`s the same controversy where because of the viewers favourites, sometimes the top 2 are in the dance off, and the bottom pairs that are complete rubbish with 3 left feet, carry on to the semi`s, or worse.

There was also about 4-5 years back rumours about vote rigging, and some votes NOT being counted, despite being well within the time limit. Probably because they`re not one of the BBCs "in crowd".

Scynical me again?.

• Like 1

The best three were in the final stage.

Now if they could win a better trophy rather than that naff glitter ball, I was waiting for it to fall to bits when Caroline was holding it up in the air.

We went to see the tour a couple of years ago at our local Arena it was well worth the cost being able to see the dancers, costumes and judges.

Admittedly you can see better on the TV  but you feel part of the show the way that they stage it.

Regards

Alan