The only way is Yorkshire

finny

That's  North of the Humber language. Once across that bridge everything changes. I used to think we paid a toll for the bridge. Perhaps its a fee for entering Yorkshire!  Fortunately I can understand the Language my Father came from over the dark side!!

No offence folks............Just my humour. A lovely part of the country. £3.10 to get in, and they charge you again to come out again. Even the Welsh don't do that!

Maurice

• Like 1

Hi Jeff. 

I am rather fond of  "Ull" even though its across the water. It has those funny phone boxes. Did they run out of red paint? 

I recommended it for a day out much maligned, very unfairly. Lots to see and all very close by, and of course this year Hull is the City of culture. Well deserved too.   The Maritime Quarter is also worth a look.

Maurice

I have done a bit of touristy thingy in Hull, even stayed in the Station Hotel. Also sailed to Holland and Belgium from there. The locals are very friendly, or appear to be :naughty: The one place I struggled was the indoor market, the smell of fish made me nearly sick! Phewwww!

cheers Iain.

Rincewind,  You are quite right about what used to be Kingston upon Hull telephones. Eventually there was a name change to Kingston Communications which is now commonly known as KC, hence the KC Stadium ( Hull City and Hull FC).

KC also provide the only internet service available in Hull, goes under the name of Kazoo.

Jeff