Tolls Request

retired

I received it but can not open the message.

Why send it in that format?

What format Alan ?

Mine came in standard html, the normal format for emails containing tables and graphics, with a link to view on the BA website.

Each year there's often criticism on forums that the BA toll reminder is so early.

I'd rather get it early than late, though 4 weeks is pretty normal for an annual bill.

It gives me fair warning to budget for that amount, when I pay it online on the last day of March, as I always do now. :)

Its like any bill, pay it a few days before the actual due date, otherwise if you pay earlier, they are getting all the extra interest in their account. Multiply that by the amount of toll payers there must be and they will have made a few hundred quid in just in interest alone, between now and the end of March.

• Like 1

The other thing is having a four week window helps spread the workload of the tolls office. If everybody paid in the last week they would probably need to employ temps to help and you can just imagine the outcry!

They might well have a Government Bank Account so I would doubt that they get to keep the interest anyway!

There is another way of looking at that point Geoff/Wendy.

The amount of interest I will receive by holding on to that money will be pretty meaningless. If the BA can obtain a meaningful sum because many pay early, then it's been an advantage for them.

Avoiding all the arguments as to how such a financial bonus is spent, I see no real downside for us but a positive upside for them.

If I ever decide to do something in protest against the BA it will be far more significant than holding on to a bit of cash for a month or two. It will be a properly organized orchestrated and very public protest. Thus far I don't feel we have reached that stage.

I've paid mine because as you all know if your boat is on the water and not displaying a lovely green toll by the 1st April, some nasty person may put a sticky envelope on your boat explaining your error.

That may be why they are sent out early :naughty:  :wave

I've paid mine because as you all know if your boat is on the water and not displaying a lovely green toll by the 1st April, some nasty person may put a sticky envelope on your boat explaining your error.

That may be why they are sent out early :naughty:  :wave

some nasty person sent me a letter last October for not displaying my toll plaques.the boat was in the wetshed and has the plaques and reg numbers hanging from pulpit rail, been there all season, specsavers comes to mind.

• Like 2