Son of Topcraft

Probably need an MOT on top of its BSS!

Actually, I'm surprised that we don't see more of this type of thing. Cheap caravans can be found in remarkably good condition.

Back in the 1960's there used to be houseboats at what is now the Waveney River Centre, those were caravans on floats but they were static.

If you hire or take your own Boat out on those dates you must need your head testing Lol, I mean, how on earth do you navigate through that lot, I would probably have a serious meltdown. I imagine it would be exciting to watch, I would be more than happy sitting on the safety of the bank with a picnic and wine watching these majestic sailie types and probably some poor sod trying to navigate through :naughty:

Grace

• Like 1

If last year was anything to go on , you wont need to sweat , there was so little wind it was taking some of the hours to get from Ant mouth to LBBY !

On several occasions I took evening meal orders from the bow on Braveheart , passed out hot soup for starters as they went past the bathing platform,  and dished out the mains after they tuned at the bridge !

They would have killed for some good hireboat wash just to move 'em along ! :blush: :blush: :blush:

A certain Yorkshire worthy ( ok it was only Griff!) was heard to complain that swans were going past faster than the sailes ,and on one leg power at that !

It got so bad we had to chuck a bottle of wine to one crew lest they expired !

Alex

• Like 2

A certain Yorkshire worthy ( ok it was only Griff!) was heard to complain that swans were going past faster than the sailes ,and on one leg power at that !

It got so bad we had to chuck a bottle of wine to one crew lest they expired !

Alex

The swans only went faster than us due to that very same Yorkshire Worthy being a reticent paddler, and the person that put the outboard ashore!

• Like 1

There used to be at least one of these for hire at Oulton Broad. A hull onto which you put your caravan and pushed it about with an outboard. I enquired about them elsewhere many years ago and it was suggested that Camping Boats offered them, though I'm doubtful on that as we used to stay at CB, I'm sure I would have remembered them.

I always thought they came from Topcraft though that too was doubted.