What's bad about the Broads

troutman62

As I am now consigned to the day boat hire brigade I really get chuffed off with owner people (of whom I was one) who cruise along at just over drifting speed.

Come on . I need to see the broads ....... have a pub lunch and mud weight before my hour is up.

• Like 2

As I am now consigned to the day boat hire brigade I really get chuffed off with owner people (of whom I was one) who cruise along at just over drifting speed.

Come on . I need to see the broads ....... have a pub lunch and mud weight before my hour is up.

You really should fit more into your hour Smellyloo :naughty:

cheers Iain

• Like 2

Oh, don't buy a Norfolk pasty, waste of time, cost me £1.80 for a small size pasty which promptly fell apart in my fingers, I had 3 mouthfulls and chucked the rest as it was just pastry and mince in the bottom of the bag, I'D NEED A flipping SPOON TO EAT THAT!

I will tell you what I hate about the broads, with a passion. It is the smell of the "full english" wafting gently on the early morning breeze.

And I haven't got one.

That can't be worse than the stench of diesel exhaust, especially from neighbouring boats at moorings.

Ahhh that sweet aroma of diesel exhaust. What does it mean to me?

It means I'm back on the broads. I'm back on my boat. I'm back where I belong.

Either that or I fell asleep in the pub car park again dammit!

There was me thinking that your boat had the sweet, sensual aroma of used chip shop oil!

• Like 1

Or the ever-prevalent reek of bigotry and intolerance from certain quarters....

Trusting that that is not a pointed remark! 

'That can't be worse than the stench of diesel exhaust, especially from neighbouring boats at moorings.'

Why should neighbouring boats have to tolerate the fumes and stench of a diesel engine being run at moorings? Granted that boats have to start their engines at some point but does it have to be half an hour and sometimes a lot more before leaving a mooring, especially when neighbours are enjoying a meal?  

Intolerance doesn't have much going for it but by my reckoning inconsideration for others has even less to recommend it.

• Like 2

Couldn't agree more, Peter. Running diesels at moorings is just wrong. There is no excuse IMHO. Was it a pointed remark of mine? Probably yes to a small degree but not meant nastily...you DO have form for taking verbal swipes at motor vessels in general from time to time. :cool:

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more, Peter. Running diesels at moorings is just wrong. There is no excuse IMHO. Was it a pointed remark of mine? Probably yes to a small degree but not meant nastily...you DO have form for taking verbal swipes at motor vessels in general from time to time. :cool:

In that case I apologise!

Very often tongue in cheek, at least in general terms. Actually, don't think I have ever taken a swipe at ALL motor vessels, not yet, could happen anytime though. Mind you, I admit to having giving Strowager a hard time on occasions . . . . . . . . . . but then he does stand up for himself pretty well!

• Like 1