SUMMER MEET - Oulton Broad Yacht Station, July 23/24, 2016

Hockham Admiral

Hi Boaters,

We made it safe to Stacey Arms.

All of the Hakuna Matata crew enjoyed it very much.

You made us feel to be very welcome and we found some new friends.

Special thanks to John, it was perfectly organised good mooring, good foot and some really nice conversations.

I hope we can be a part of it the next time.

Thank you all cheers

Frank + Crew

• Like 10

It was very nice to meet all of you yesterday, we were sorry to have to leave so early, but we had a lot of travelling to do, Oulton to Wroxham, then on to Stalham, breakfast stoop at the tearooms at Stokesby, quick pint at the kings head in Wroxham, and 6.00 ish arrival at Stalham. I am home now, and heading for bed shortly as its a 6am departure for me tomorrow.

Enjoyed meeting new and old friends, some new four legged ones too.  Had a long day out underway on the rivers home now at 2300. The Indian 'Restaurant' - I'm no fan of Indian food ad the best of times, after Saturday night even less so - It was pants imho, in fact not even that good!  However the company and conversation more than made up for it.  May I suggest if we do another meet at OBYS then the Waveney would offer better fair.   The local 'Entertainments' committee later on in the Bitch-in-the-ditch was jaw dropping, so much so we had to leave early and retire back onboard :naughty:

Griff

• Like 3

19 hours ago, HakunaMatata said:

Hi Boaters,

Special thanks to John, it was perfectly organised good mooring, good foot and some really nice conversations.

Thank you all cheers

Frank + Crew

It was good to meet you also Frank, and Crew.

Charlie

19 hours ago, HakunaMatata said:

Hi Boaters,

Thank you all cheers

Frank + Crew

Frank and Crew

It was nice to have a chat with you Frank, didnt get a chance to talk to the rest of the crew. You would make the ideal diplomat, are you sure we were all in the same restaurant LOL.

The Wench (Inge)

22 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Enjoyed meeting new and old friends, some new four legged ones too.  Had a long day out underway on the rivers home now at 2300. The Indian 'Restaurant' - I'm no fan of Indian food ad the best of times, after Saturday night even less so - It was pants imho, in fact not even that good!  However the company and conversation more than made up for it.  May I suggest if we do another meet at OBYS then the Waveney would offer better fair.   The local 'Entertainments' committee later on in the Bitch-in-the-ditch was jaw dropping, so much so we had to leave early and retire back onboard :naughty:

Griff

As a local I've found that particular Indian to be passable but not exceptional, the one by Oulton Broad North railway station is far superior. The Waveney, well, it's all down to how much importance you attach to their hygiene ratings. For me and mine we rate The Wherry, The Commodore and the Ivy Farm as top of the league in Oulton Broad. We've had some big parties at The Wherry and all have been a great success. During the winter months the Broadland Holiday Village takes some beating. 

• Like 3

Home again and been editing over 200 shots I took at the Meet. In no particular order I'll post some now. First there's a few of young Alfie, Charlie & Inge's grandson.

Griff spent a long time teaching Alfie how to fish; his patience and humour were spot on, is there no end to this man's talents?   :bow

IMG_7995.JPG

And a bit later.........

IMG_7996.JPG

IMG_8000.JPG

• Like 5