Beers You Have Tried

Brains Coffee porter from Aldi at the moment, A lovely brew, not too bitter with strong chocolate flavours and a long coffee aftertaste.

Must get some more at just £1.25 :D

They also have Courage Directors at the same price.

• Like 1

I've lost the plot on this thread now - didn't expect it to be this popular!!! Hope this hasn't been mentioned before.

Had a nice pint of Lacons Unique on Friday at the Honingham Buck. I didn't realise it at the time, but the pub is a Lacons pub which explains why they had all 5 beers on tap!!!

Have to say the food was disappointing though. They have spent a huge amount of money doing it up and extending it, but was expecting good solid food like they used to do there.  Beer was worth the trip though as I wasn't drivingcheers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baitrunner said:

I've lost the plot on this thread now - didn't expect it to be this popular!!! Hope this hasn't been mentioned before.

Mark,

Have a "wee cruise" to the Isle of Arran, and sample both the brewery at Brodick and the Distillery at Lochranza, being a generous Scot, I will gladly supply the paracetamols for the morning recovery ! :naughty:

After that, pop over to the Troon Marina and I will buy you a dram !

cheersIain

• Like 2

After reading about Directors in Aldi I sent SWMBO to the very shop to purchase said beer, sadly it does not travel that far. However, she did purchase a beer there from the Lerwick Brewery called AZURE light hoppy ale 4.5% and very nice it is too!

We are celebrating summer arriving here for the first of TWO DAYS, so decided I should sample this unusual ale made with NZ and USA Hops !

cheersIain

20 hours ago, BroadScot said:

Mark,

Have a "wee cruise" to the Isle of Arran, and sample both the brewery at Brodick and the Distillery at Lochranza, being a generous Scot, I will gladly supply the paracetamols for the morning recovery ! :naughty:

After that, pop over to the Troon Marina and I will buy you a dram !

cheersIain

Iain,

I have heard about people like you on forums, luring innocents to the wilds, plying them with drink and then promising  then a lovely moonlight evening overlooking the sea!! Where is a pesky mod when you need one?:naughty:

Or are you just trying to bolster the Scottish coffers with our Great British Pounds? :dance

You never know though I might take you up on the offer, can you drop me home on scoot though if I cant stand upcheers I do fancy a trip right to the top as never been higher than Inverness so still a bit to go and a few islands. 

• Like 4

Well it has been a busy old day. 

A few jobs on the boat this morning as the weather was not its best and then the restive the plans kicked in. 

A trip to Winbirri vineyard in surlingham to taste and then buy one of each of their wines. For English wine it is very good and even a couple of reds worth a try.

then off to St George's distillery to try a few of their finest and buy some whiskey (chapter 14 un peated), cream liquor and whiskey beer!!!! The beer is actually made at St Peters in Bungay. 

The full haul

image.jpeg

the beer - oops empty bottle already

image.jpeg

And finally  the Norfolk Nog in all his glory!!!!

image.jpeg

Drink sensibly folk, but if you can't well bloody well enjoy it. cheers

Its gonna be a long night!!!!!

• Like 2

Well we bought a bottle of each one after trying them all (apart from the sparkling) and think they are all pretty good. A tenner each. 

They actually sell a couple of them by the glass at coldham hall. But it's cheaper to try them at the vineyard. 15 min drive from brundall, but do check someone will be in the shop first. 

8 hours ago, imtamping2 said:

Ok here is one for the brave, it was previously called Tuborg Elephant Ale(if I remember correctly) but now goes under the name of Carlsberg elephant beer but still at a quite impressive 7.2 abv

That is a shandy compared to this one ! :naughty: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/412/1230/

cheersIain

9 hours ago, imtamping2 said:

Ok here is one for the brave, it was previously called Tuborg Elephant Ale(if I remember correctly) but now goes under the name of Carlsberg elephant beer but still at a quite impressive 7.2 abv

Used to be the beer of choice when I visited Copenhagen and took the guys out for a beer after work on expenses!! Strong and expensive. Pretty sure it's still sold under the Tuborg banner in Denmark. Had a pint last year. 

Didn't know it was sold in the uk. 

Why do they taste so good when you are in the Med, on holiday, and care free. 

I bet you a tenner that if you bring a can home and drink it after a shift it will taste like dish water.

I know, done it with beer, wine and spirits. Leave them on their own turf, they do not travel well.

• Like 2

Leave them on their own turf, they do not travel well.

Whitbread Bitter did not travel well on the boat from Liverpool to Douglas IOM, but their Trophy Bitter did. It had to sit in the cellers longer than normal. Probably explains why the local Castletown and Okells  breweries did so well in the 70's. My personal choice then, was the Castletown Bitter.

cheersIain

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Keep at it Stuart. Someone has to keep their economy going out therecheersbar

Funny you say that, I can have a pint of British beer (therefore imported here) delivered to my table with excellent customer service for £1.20 yet in the uk the same thing in a bar would begrudgingly be put before me for £4.00 we have lost something somewhere along the way. Sad really.:naughty:

• Like 3