First Wallop Of The Season

Liberty

3 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

Ok good.. Feel free to tell us all a bit about yourself.

In danger of going off topic, I am a retired old rogue with a sense of humour. I own my own boat and I enjoy the countryside and wildlife. Boat maintenance is all part of my enjoyment of boating. I am a free spirit and prefer to be single for whatever plusses or minuses there may be.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

I am not at all surprised. The method of checking up on the handover procedures by the Broads Authority is by giving notice to the yard (at least a few days) so all handover staff can be pre-warned of an inspection and everyone doing it by the book. Unfortunately, the book means a andover that's at least 45 minutes long and many larger yards can't afford the staff to do 45 or more 45 minute handovers. But, you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a full, proper handover when there's a notified inspection. 

Hi Andy

I know that you are a busy chap, especially at this time of year, however are you able to explain the procedure which the BA adopt to ascertain the standard of trial runs. 

I am certain that with your high standards it presents no challenge to your company, but how do those who fail to reach this criteria fair ?

Andrew

• Like 2

Just now, Gracie said:

You should fit in well, Shrek, we have plenty of retired rogues on here, bit of a dodgy sense of humour though :naughty:

A very warm welcome aboard the Forum :wave

Grace

ME ?  How very dare you Gracie ! :norty:  :naughty:

• Like 1

After a few minor scrapes over the years from various boats including four within one hour at Ludham bridge, (needless to say I moved the boat pretty quickly) I now keep my phone at hand all the time, even with a little bump I take a picture of the offending boat and Reg Number, plus I have my time stamp on so it gives time and date, and if I can I zoom in and get a picture of who-ever is driving, over the top maybe but on a couple of occasions if they have seen me photograph them they have come back to see if there's any damage and say sorry, thats the one thing that gets my back up! they hit you then glare back at you as if it was your fault for mooring there, I'm now at that stage in my life where I take no prisoners, genuine mistakes I can forgive, but some are so rude I won't let it go, so even if there's no damage I still report it to the yard, one little incident last year when I shouted at a hire boat and he shouted back, so effing what! I reported it to the hire yard, the first thing she said was Oh! no not again! a day later I got a call from the yard saying they had taken the boat off the hirers and sent them home, because they had a few reports of hitting boats and abusive behaviour,,

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

To get back on thread....it looks wild n windy at Wroxham, so please remember it wont be easy for rookie skippers, I am sure many do not mean to bump your pride and joy.

cheersIain

Well said Iain. However I do expect them to do the decent thing, rather than sail off into the sunset.

• Like 4

Welcome Shrek. This forum is like a river, it twists and turns. The tides are effected  by the moon. And so are its members. You may contribute to a topic, in a very wise manner, hopeful for at least a "like" (everybody likes a like) and then and then the topic changes course, a bit of a tack, or at worse a Chinese jibe. 

Up a certain creek without a paddle! But enjoy! 

Andrew

• Like 5

Hi Liberty.

Yes it was a hell of a whack not only did the hire skipper speed up instead of stopping but turned into us as well. He hit so hard that his bow rose up over our side deck and went through the window, quite a feat since our Seamaster 30 has a metre of freeboard !. I think that we were saved from more serious damage by the big D section rubber rubbing strake (a legacy from her French Canal days)

Regards

Bob