2017 Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show

JanetAnne

Oh happy days - Good news.

Well chuffin 'eck, hang on a minute sithee and I'll tell you.

Was conversing with MrsG there yesterday (We tend to now and again) as I got to thinking, has she booked hersen off work from the Saturday 19th or taken the Friday 18th off as well?

MrsG stated that she had indeed booked off the Friday 18th - RESULT - :default_icon_bowdown:

I have quick smart done the same thing in my work diary.  This means an extra full day afloat.  It also means we can make our way leisurely to Beccles with a stop off en-route and be there on time.

So here's the new plan 'A' - Crew up either Thurs PM or Fri AM.  Sail from base Fri 18th NLT 1400.  If we manage to sail earlier, we might even have to stop off for 'one' in The Bridge Inn, Acle. (Low water at GYA is 1957, we'll be passing through at around 1900 ish.) - see amendment below.    Then onto Somerleyton eta 2030-ish, (Sunset 2012) for overnight stop over, into the Dukes Head - A pub which I like, and is dog friendly. (And a regular port of call on our Lads week if transiting the Waveney)

Sat 19th - Somerleyton to Beccles Yacht station is just over 11 miles or around 2 x Hrs.  Sail NLT 0600, eta Beccles Yacht Station for 0800 latest, just in time for chameleons Bacon Rolls!

How good is that then?       Although I must sneakily admit I was quite looking forward to doing Breydon at night - that will just have to wait for another day

Griff

edited to add - New (And correct) passage plan as follows:- Aim to pass through Yarmouth at 1430 on the Friday 18th then keep on going right through to Beccles Yacht Station eta 1900 - ish.

• Like 2

And a much more relaxed weekend for you both as well.

Weekend?  Oh no Sir, much better than just a weekend, We are onboard from(Potentially) Thurs 17th pm through to 28th.  11, yes ELEVEN glorious days afloat.  Me and Mrs G will manage a few days on our todd with Macie Dog, then Daughter / partner arrive onboard on after the Beccles weekend at some point, (Well its actually three of them as our Nadine is due to present us with another grandchild early October)

It just gets better and betterer

Griff

• Like 2

On 4/2/2017 at 7:16 PM, chameleon said:

if neccessary pete you can bunk aboard chameleon

I just remembered I have not accepted your gracious offer Mike, but consider it accepted, I will probably get in touch nearer the time.

oops I post this then see an offer of a berth from Charlie too, I will let you know whats happening later once I have got organised.

34 minutes ago, brundallNavy said:

Could be 9 if Timbo pulls his finger out.

Expect imminent phone call from your pad-wan learner Obiwan! Need to schedule these Jedi calendars so that we are both on the same planet at the same time...admittedly it's me under the thumb of the Empire!

• Like 2

We decided to come as we are tired of being shouted at that we are "going the wrong way" as we head back north after our august visit. Unfortunately our youngest restarts school on the  mid week with the show at the end. This year he is 16 and can go to school and stay home with his sister back from uni to prevent too much partying.

So we will be there and "dressed to the nines " , flags lights you name it. Hopefully I will have spent some time earlier in the season polishing all the Chrome work ( 33 individual pieces) so she will be all shiny too. We are really looking forward to it and thanks for squeezing us in. 

M&F

• Like 1

On 11/04/2017 at 11:43 PM, JanetAnne said:

Excellent news. Malanka is booked! 

Clive is going to wonder if he has been robbed if he sets foot in the wet shed that weekend. I think that's eight coming from Stalham....

You should just oprn the gates to the wetshed and let everyone walk around in there... the place is amazing.. if I was a varnish salesmen...

• 2 months later...

I thought some of you may be interested in how this years event is shaping up  so here is the latest news sheet for the show. I reckon poor Craigs site is going to get a right hammering now...  hehe!

Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show 2017

Well it seems to have been all systems go for everyone with this years wooden boat show looming fast. As I sit here typing this I am aware of some huge efforts being currently undertaken by owners and boatyards to get boats finished ,ready and afloat in time for August.

Kingfisher has been back in her shed with engine removed to have her engine tray cleaned and polished, owner Robin is hoping to give Georgia a run for her money in the ficticious “best kept engine tray at Beccles category!” Both Judith M and Malanka have been out the water undergoing some unexpected repairs and Royal Tudor is looking more and more like a boat once again. Swiftway is back on the water after new decks and Tabitha Rose is having swimming lessons as I type this. Of course this is the tip of the iceberg, I dont think anyone I have spoken to this year has had an easy winters maintenance. It is this sort of dedication and effort that not only makes our little get together such a success but also shows that many of the boats from our past are now in safe hands for the future.

Our entry list for this year is as follows.I am sure you will all agree that this is going to be the biggest gathering of wooden broads cruisers since a Richardsons Saturday turn round day in the 60's! We are in for quite a spectacle.

Star Premier (Powles Star Premier)

Judith M (Martham Boats Judith Class)

Missouri Star (Powles Star Class)

Georgia (Chriscraft)

Mystique (D Cutting)

Kingfisher (Herbert Woods Golden Light)

Tabitha Rose (Herbert Woods Starlight)

Chameleon (Norfolk Broads Yacht Co)

Mystic Melody (Andrews)

Manxman (Herbert Woods Golden Light)

Fairstar (Broom Navigator)

Highlight 5 (Herbert Woods Highlight Class)

Broad Ambition (Powles Star Supreme)

Swiftway 5 (Richardsons Swiftway)

Nipper (Moores Belmore)

Muddy Waters (Windboats Merrywind)

Lady Helena (Sanderson Lady)

Countess of Light (Herbert Woods Light Class)

Royal Tudor (Royalls)

Malanka (Broom Commander)

Bittern (Maycraft)

Monas Queen (Herbert Woods Golden Light)

Golden Cockerell (Wilson 24)

Rory (Happytime)

Finale (Connoisseur)

Lady Christina (Windboats Fairwind)

Solea

On our provisionally booked but yet to confirm 100% we have

Captain Jack (Broom Captain)

Hope

Phoenix – I am sure you will all agree that Phoenix needs to be with us again this year. Unfortunately the event clashes with a family do and so last year her owners, Tony and Dulcie, had to pass. If you see them out and about (yes, they are currently afloat) make sure to tell them how much we would like to have them back at Beccles this year.

And then there is  me Janet Anne. Sadly illness  has meant that they have needed to make the decision not to bring me after all. Yes, it sucks but its been a torid few months and a very hard choice to have to take. Its a shame really, only my modesty stops me from telling you all just how fabulous I am starting to look  :default_wink:

Beccles Yacht Station is looking all very nice and new. The mooring posts and paths are all brand new, single level and a major improvement from the rather derelict looking quayheading of old. With that work now nearing completion we will be the first event to make full use of the facility when its finished. No need for the rhond anchors this year!

Its time to send in your bits for the programme (if you have not already done so of course). A picture and a few lines will do nicely, nothing too involved, just something to tell us all a little bit about your boat, a bit of history or maybe something funny, you get the idea. I shall look forward to receiving your contributions.

Cheers all.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Wussername said:

It is going to be very busy. Coming by car. Where is the best place to park?

Andrew

Yes it will be quite busy. We are just a small part of the weekends events that include two other boat clubs (Seamaster being one) fete, funfair, carnival procession, stalls, live music and whatever else Beccles Town Council have on the agenda.

As for parking, I will have a word and see what I can organise. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...